Sani2C logistics

Desi

I've never done the Sani2C before, but got into the 2012 Trail :)

Can anyone explain the logistics to me? We're from Cape Town - will probably drive to the start. Then? Is there some system of getting your vehicle to the end, or getting back to the start, or do we need to find a non-cycling driver?

The school in Underberg usually have parents driving cars to Scottburgh. It costs a few hundred ZAR. Contact farmer Glen to get the details for this service.

You can normally book the shuttle service for your car through the S2C website and last time I looked the cost was around R350.

You would also need accommodation for an evening or two prior to the event in Underberg and likewise after the race in Scottburgh or wherever you prefer.

Thanks guys. Starting to make arrangements - shuttle bookings aren't open yet, but I'll watch the site.

We are also driving up to Sani (also managed to get into Trail). Luckily, my wife will drive car down to finish. We opted for the driving option purely due to logistics as hiring a car that can handle 2 bikes etc seemed to much of a pain ... but maybe after the drive, I might feel different. :)

Some of the guys fly in - think Sani2C offer transport from the airport - speak to the organises - they are really approachable and will make a plan

Yep - my brother normally flies in from CT, catches the shuttle from Dbn to Underberg. The only issue with that is if your accommodation is not right in Underberg.

You have to unpack your stuff into boxes they supply and I imagine shlepping your stuff around by foot would be a mission.

I see some people sleep at the school - if you could organise that, it would probably be ok.