1st 50 km ride

Active Monkey

I was doing the " I am stunned it took 3 hours to ride 50km thing..."

Shame that you all feel the need to get personal with me about it. I'm just an honest person. Sorry for that.

Anyway, like I said to the OP, you go, boy.

And I'm still shocked that it took so long. Keep training, you may get faster. Unless you are happy with where you are now, in which case, you go, you go.

Would you mind reading my post again? If you read it with the same attitude I posted it you wont find any aggression in it - or getting personal.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my 1st 50 km ride today... Did 51.24 km in 02.58.46 was awesome!!!

On or off road?

was a mix... Lots of hills and was awesome :)

Well done. :thumbup:

Now go for 65...

I was doing the " I am stunned it took 3 hours to ride 50km thing..."

Shame that you all feel the need to get personal with me about it. I'm just an honest person. Sorry for that.

Anyway, like I said to the OP, you go, boy.

And I'm still shocked that it took so long. Keep training, you may get faster. Unless you are happy with where you are now, in which case, you go, you go.

For the crater Cruise 50km there where 631 finishers, 313 of them did it in over 3hrs this makes the OP a pretty average rider with lots of room for improvement. :thumbup:

So taking the same statistic 50% of the riders here will not be surprised it took him 3hrs, as their first 50km probably took much longer to do. :blush:

You go for it. I can clearly remember the day I first rode more than 30km (by doing a 94.7)

I've ridden some bigger days since, but still remember that milestone. You will too.

The only thing stopping you from riding further faster harder is your mind. Not the bike, the wind, the hills, etc.

And stop worrying what other people think, they don't do it very often.

• 4 weeks later...

For the crater Cruise 50km there where 631 finishers, 313 of them did it in over 3hrs this makes the OP a pretty average rider with lots of room for improvement. :thumbup:

So taking the same statistic 50% of the riders here will not be surprised it took him 3hrs, as their first 50km probably took much longer to do. :blush:

:thumbup:

So taking the same statistic 50% of the riders here will not be surprised it took him 3hrs, as their first 50km probably took much longer to do. blush.gif

Crater Cruise is a fast race.

I wonder what % will do a sub 3 for the Barberton 48 km on the 28th?