CWC Just been broken into! Smash and Grab!

CWC Online

" This is a victimless crime"

Wow, a mackem condoning stealing. Now there's a surprise! You can take the Mackem out of Sunderland, but you cannit take the tackem out of a mackem, right?!

If you get stuff stolen from your home or business, insured or not, I assure you it's not victimless at all.

This is what I get for logging on to the Hub after ages. The same ole spitefull crap. Have fun guys

....and lastly: have fun in the relegation zone. Toooooooonaaaaaarmy!!!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a mackem condoning stealing. Now there's a surprise! You can take the Mackem out of Sunderland, but you cannit take the tackem out of a mackem, right?!

If you get stuff stolen from your home or business, insured or not, I assure you it's not victimless at all.

This is what I get for logging on to the Hub after ages. The same ole spitefull crap. Have fun guys

Er Willehond, nowhere on my post I condoned what happened. CWC will open on Monday, no one is in hospital or has died and CWC will have the damage covered by insurance. All I agreed with was that I would be pissed off if I had seen something heavily discounted that I had just bought.

Why don't you take a look at the Tinkerbell thread and the Cape town Charity ride to see that the Hub is not full of spiteful crap.

I guess I should have known that I would be flamed discussing CWC :D will stick to the 29" debate in future.

My congratulations to the Toon this year - surprising everyone by how well they are doing. It is important to have both NE teams in the premiership as I don't think that you can beat the derby game for atmosphere!

Those who have negative views of this business or any other entity or that matter,

Go, grab your suitcase full of courage (ala Phil Ligget) and tell it to them in their presence.

Discrediting of this serious nature and sniping under the cover of anonymity is so uncool. :thumbdown:

...or dare to take a formal course of action or something if you are so convinced of 'wrongdoing'.

:huh:

No bud. We the consumer have the right to vote with our wallet. In fact a buddy of mine walked in to Revolution cycles to buy a friend a 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR comp for 16k as per Specialized SA winter SALE. The oke at Revolution said there were none left but he could get him a Stumpjumper FSR Elite for 32k which usually sell for 35k. My friend tells the guy he is not interested in the 2012 Stumpjumper and the Revolution replies, no that is the price for a 2011. My bud is like no ways, the 2011 elite is on sale for about 25k (actually 22k) and revolution denies this fact.

After hearing about his experience @ Revolution I called Bridge cycles for a 2011 Specialized comp and was told they will let me know as soon as Specialized SA gets back to them. The next day bridge calls to let me know that there is a bike in stock and it can be here next week if I want @ sale price R15,956.00 as advertised.

Do you see the problem?

Must say bridge are one of the best when it comes to returning phone calls and actually trying to sell a bike. Bought a new bike from Bridge as they phoned me while Olympic sent me an sms (and after talking to loads of people it seems as though this is what Olympic always do).

Er Willehond, nowhere on my post I condoned what happened. CWC will open on Monday, no one is in hospital or has died and CWC will have the damage covered by insurance.

That is the wrong attitude.

So it is ok to drive drunk as long as no one gets injured? I thought it is about what is LEGAL?

Is it ok if your house gets broken into as long as no one dies or gets injured?

Come on.... Legal or illegal decide what side of the fence you want to be on.

Alectonwheels.

I work with people that have IQ's of less than 80. They also browse these forums. The one guy. A diesel mechanic but very keen cyclists actually spoke some very true words while refering to you. If i recall correctly he said "daai k@&$ is n volslae idioot.

Sleep well. Watch out for those big 18 wheelers that do deliveries for cwc

I hope the guy you are referring to does not read this. I don't think he will be to happy to know what you think of his iq?

Are you saying diesel mechanics have a low iq?

I know what you are trying to say but you should do it without talking down to the people you work with.

Er Willehond, nowhere on my post I condoned what happened. CWC will open on Monday, no one is in hospital or has died and CWC will have the damage covered by insurance.

Based on that bold sentence, we are all victims of this crime then as insurance premiums are based on actuarial analysis of the risk involved. Every time there is a theft of any sort it will affect the premiums that we all pay.

Based on that bold sentence, we are all victims of this crime then as insurance premiums are based on actuarial analysis of the risk involved. Every time there is a theft of any sort it will affect the premiums that we all pay.

+1

Er Willehond, nowhere on my post I condoned what happened. CWC will open on Monday, no one is in hospital or has died and CWC will have the damage covered by insurance. All I agreed with was that I would be pissed off if I had seen something heavily discounted that I had just bought.

Not quite

Thanks for all the support. Yes we do have insurance but not close too what is gone and damaged.

Alectowheels.

I do not know why you are trying to stir here. Be a man and tell us what wheels did we sell to you for R 22 000 and show us the proof of your purchase. Surely you must have kept your slip for guarantee purposes?

I am looking forward to your response

That is the wrong attitude.

So it is ok to drive drunk as long as no one gets injured? I thought it is about what is LEGAL?

Is it ok if your house gets broken into as long as no one dies or gets injured?

Come on.... Legal or illegal decide what side of the fence you want to be on.

We jumped a 4 - way stop this morning

Alectowheels.

I do not know why you are trying to stir here. Be a man and tell us what wheels did we sell to you for R 22 000 and show us the proof of your purchase. Surely you must have kept your slip for guarantee purposes?

I am looking forward to your response

+1 and tell us your name and surname too. I suspect that your gripe with CWC lies somewhere else? (Perhaps a competitor that is now forced to offer good prices and excellent service like Mr Willemse and Mr Willemse). SHOW YOUR FACE, COWARD!

Has the St Bernards found your house at last?????

Looking at this thread, I feel quite bad now, I bought a flatscreen TV at Makro. Next day the price was up by R2400.00 on their floor. I will go and pay that munny in today!!!

Well I support CWC and will continue to do so. Really sad to hear about the robbery. The good thing is that no one was injured or killed during this saga. Chris, go on and bring out some crazy specials.

I don’t care where the product comes from; as long as they are prepared to honor its warranty (which they do) and provide great service (no one can complain about CWC service), I will support them. Just like everyone else, they are in business to make a living and hopefully retire by the age of 40. Chris has got a great business plan and it is nice to see a small fish like Chris take on the big fish (Coolheat, Just fun cycles, Pro Cycles, etc) that are trying to monopolize our sport.

How many times do you go into a store to buy groceries and the following week you are browsing through your local paper and notice the specials? It is the luck of the draw. You wanted the product so bad that you were prepared to pay the asking price. The fact that the very next your groceries is discounted that is your loss and unfortunately bad timing. Get over it and enjoy your goodies. You cannot use the value of money because the principals are the same. Would you return to your grocery store and demand your difference in cash.

To give you hubbers another example, if you remember 10 years ago the cost of a DVD was approx R250-R400. The DVD manufactures in SA were making a fortune. I was buying my DVD’s from Amazon. People saw an opportunity and started to sell pirated DVD’s at the robots and flea markets. Ster-Kineor and Nu Metro were forced to drop the prices of DVD’s else they would go out of business. The same happened with PC games.

To conclude, we need more innovated people like Chris. The specials Chris receives it is passed down to us. It is an unfortunate incident about what happened over the weekend. Look at it on the bright side, you indirectly sponsored a under privilege cyclist.