Assos vs. Craft (bib shorts)

Zac.A

Which would you choose?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Assos - Craft

• Assos F1 Uno bib short
    • Craft Elite attack bib short

When playing around on the trails in the week, you will get away with any bib shorts in my opinion, BUT when you are doing long hours in the mountains or training / riding long rides, you surely need to infest in quality. I have Assos Uno and the Mille and can vouch for their comfort on the cheeks, but also an absolute snug / race fit to the rest of the body.

I know some will say a bib is a bib, but that is def not the case. Drive a 11hundred Atos to Gauteng and drive a 2,5 German brand vehicle with all the bells and whistles to Gauteng, and see if there is a difference...........

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When playing around on the trails in the week, you will get away with any bib shorts in my opinion, BUT when you are doing long hours in the mountains or training / riding long rides, you surely need to infest in quality. I have Assos Uno and the Mille and can vouch for their comfort on the cheeks, but also an absolute snug / race fit to the rest of the body.

I know some will say a bib is a bib, but that is def not the case. Drive a 11hundred Atos to Gauteng and drive a 2,5 German brand vehicle with all the bells and whistles to Gauteng, and see if there is a difference...........

Good analogy- except you are then talking about driving an 80 grand trek or a 1200 rand avalanche. I do see the point though :P

Out of all my bibs my rapid sport bibs are the best.

i have to agree! All our club kit has been excellent from rapid sport. The bibs with the blue chammy were the best.

Hmmm, interestengly enough my club kit is also Rapid Sport, I can't argue that it isn't nice, it's amazing for the short 40-60km races I did this spring.

But...Even during my 90km ride today, (while wearing my rapid bibs) my ass was sore :blush:.

Yup, no problems for 1-2hr rides, but even when it gets into 3hrs my current bibs are a bit uncomfy.

I do have 1 set that are great, not sure what brand, a friend bought them from Italy, but they get used daily and don't dry in time :thumbdown:

1324308007[/url]' post='1552597']

Hmmm, interestengly enough my club kit is also Rapid Sport, I can't argue that it isn't nice, it's amazing for the short 40-60km races I did this spring.

But...Even during my 90km ride today, (while wearing my rapid bibs) my ass was sore :blush:.

You going to get sore with any shorts I reckon. The only thing that may differ is the comfort and chafing. One's body also has to get used to the longer rides. You're definitely gonna hurt in something like the DC.

You going to get sore with any shorts I reckon. The only thing that may differ is the comfort and chafing. One's body also has to get used to the longer rides. You're definitely gonna hurt in something like the DC.

I've done plenty of long rides, some without any pain in certain regions.

Whenever I do a long one I try to use my one pair of bibs which are really good.

Sometimes they're in the wash or lost somewhere and I have to use others which makes me believe that bibs can make a huge difference.

Anyhow, I've made up my mind.

I've also done one 170km road ride which was in around 6hours for my dads DC training, and I was fine...

anywaay

I've done plenty of long rides, some without any pain in certain regions.

Whenever I do a long one I try to use my one pair of bibs which are really good.

Sometimes they're in the wash or lost somewhere and I have to use others which makes me believe that bibs can make a huge difference.

Anyhow, I've made up my mind.

I've also done one 170km road ride which was in around 6hours for my dads DC training, and I was fine...

anywaay

Zac, I know you are a talented youngster, and it seems like you ride quite a bit. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Of the two bibs you mention I'd go for Assos. The craft is good, but doubt it will last as long as the Assos. IMO that is where Assos sets itself apart, it lasts for ages.

edited :spelling

Edited by bontie

Zac, I know you are a talented youngster, and it seems like you ride quite a bit. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Of the two bibs you mention I'd go for Assos. The craft is good, but doubt it will last as long as the Assos. IMO that is where Assos sets itself apart, it lasts for ages.

edited :spelling

I'm 14, 15 in May.

Why d'you ask?

Your saddle also plays a huge role in how comfortable you are.

My specialized saddle has helped as it's the width of my sit bones. I also have some fairly old MTN club kit which has really bad padding and it doesn't hurt.

Also could be part of it, but for the most part I'm OK.

Saddle hasn't been the same since summer.

It's a lot of money to wear for 3 hours

Yeah. the OP should start riding slower. Get his money's worth from the shorts.

Looking at getting a pair of new bib shorts because I just outgrew a pair of mine.

I have two options.

Assos F1 Uno for R1800+-

Craft Elite Attack for R1999.

Haven't ridden either brand before so any help would be much appreciated.

I know the assos mille is great, but please, only reviews/comments on the uno and elite attack.

Cheers

I'm confused.

How do you OUTGROW a pair of lycra bib shorts if you are over the age of 16 ???

Or is that the excuse you gave Parliment? ;) :D

I'm confused.

How do you OUTGROW a pair of lycra bib shorts if you are over the age of 16 ???

Or is that the excuse you gave Parliment? ;) :D

haha, but i'm under 16 :unsure:

Nah, hadn't raced with them for a few months then used them at die burger and they were waaay too constricting around my upper body, struggled to breathe etc...

haha, but i'm under 16 :unsure:

Nah, hadn't raced with them for a few months then used them at die burger and they were waaay too constricting around my upper body, struggled to breathe etc...

Ahhha.

Too many burgers then?