The Cape Argus Cycle Route Training Ride

'Dale

Coz the race goes on it......

I would suggest only joining the M3 at Claremont - the Nelson Mandela Blvd and that hospital interchange might be a bit tricky.

Niklasvm should have the route, but then so should I - just need to find it :unsure:

Really that's your answer. Cause the race goes on it. It is illegal to ride on that road. But I can see what type of cyclist has that mentality. If something happens to one of you are you going to complain about the motorist? There is a reason you can't cycle on it. And yet here on a public forum you advertise a ride.

Are you also the same bunch that go through red robots?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really that's your answer. Cause the race goes on it. It is illegal to ride on that road. But I can see what type of cyclist has that mentality. If something happens to one of you are you going to complain about the motorist? There is a reason you can't cycle on it. And yet here on a public forum you advertise a ride.

F-ck this is funny! :lol: I don't condone riding on the M3 - just from UCT until Wynberg turnoff is not freeway.

btw I don't see why it is deemed unsafe for cycling - there are roads in the northern suburbs that also have the same 100Km/h speed limit but are used by cyclists daily for training rides.... just saying :unsure:

btw I do stop at red traffic lights... dunno where in CT you get robots :unsure:

'Dale - change it to 'as close to the actual route as possible' :thumbup:

Not gonna make it 'Dale - gonna go exit the plane again at the wife's demand :thumbup: (possibly twice if all goes well).

Not gonna make it 'Dale - gonna go exit the plane again at the wife's demand :thumbup: (possibly twice if all goes well).

Cool, man...

:thumbup:

The only part of the M3 that is a highway/freeway is Wynberg hill (Constantia till robots by paradise motors)?

Just trying to find out as I remember being told this? It's only illegal to cycle on a highway/freeway?

The only part of the M3 that is a highway/freeway is Wynberg hill (Constantia till robots by paradise motors)?

Just trying to find out as I remember being told this? It's only illegal to cycle on a highway/freeway?

hmmmm.... interesting. Any hubbers drive out that way that can confirm?

1325676358[/url]' post='1558048']

hmmmm.... interesting. Any hubbers drive out that way that can confirm?

Just follow the route we did last year. All of it is legal. The m3 is freeway from n2 to princess Ann and then wynberg hill (trovato link) until muizenberg. I can send the garmin file if anyone wants it.

Arrgghh Dale why you go do this? I was thinking of doing a Durbanville - Stellenbosch coffee ride with you guys. I assume you're not doing the Olympic Cycles funride the Sunday?

Ahh...

It would be cool to roll with you Andy some other time.

See you on the road soon here in the 'hood. :thumbup:

Ahh...

It would be cool to roll with you Andy some other time.

See you on the road soon here in the 'hood. :thumbup:

I might still come through! I will let you know later in the week.

I'll also suggest we follow the same route as last year. Much safer, and then we appease the "morality police" also. ;)

Hi Dale/Wannabe

See there is a gale (or is it Dale - lol) forecasted for Saturday - if we are only 3 or 4 I might drop out and do something up north - you guys 100% sure you going out?

See there is a gale (or is it Dale - lol) forecasted for Saturday - if we are only 3 or 4 I might drop out and do something up north - you guys 100% sure you going out?

Not in the mood for a sufferfest into the SE. If it is the case, I'll also give it a skip.

'Dale, what say you?

What is the forecast like? What I saw was a prediction of 29km/h s/se, which is not too bad.

Try living and riding road in Hexriver valley! riding on the n1 is all we do. illegal or not because it is the safest place we have!! And no i do not pass through red traffic lights or chuck my GU papers if that will be your next POI to hit me on!

Myself and three mates will also join for the ride. Riding in the wind will just make you stronger!

Wunderground predicts a very hot day (31C at 13h00), with SSE blowing at 22km/h untill 11am. Not too bad, definately not a gale. :D :P :lol: