29er tyres

Spartacus88

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My customers are all very happy with the GEAX SAGUARO with TNT side walls.

Also waiting for arrival of 1st batch of Maxxis Crossmark UST in 29er version (arriving later today)

I suspect it will be a heavier tyre than the Geax, but probably the most popular tyre in 26" UST around here.

Hopefully Conti will have UST tyre in RaceKing or new XKing soon, but doubt if it will be before this years Epic.

Edited by WorcesterWheelers

Maxxis Crossmak

+1

I normally use non UST Race Kings on tubeless format but for the Epic I rekcon the UST Crossmarks are a winner!

Hi

I have just changed to 29er - rode Epic last year 26" with Conti Race King Mountain King combo.

Riding the Maxxis Crossmark UST on 29er now - I am not convinced. they feel like they would be great on even hard pack terrain- I don't have confidence in them on loose gravel/sand/rocky (which is Western Cape) especially in the corners (this may just be that I'm getting used to the bigger wheel)

As soon as conti brings UST to the 29er I will change.

good luck and enjoy the Epic.

Thanks guys. Apparently Schwalbe have got the Snakeskin in UST 29er. Has anyone heard any reviews?

At the moment the choice is between the Maxxis Crossmark, Geax AKA/Saguaro, Schwalbe Snakeskin.

Worcester Wheelers what is the pricing on the saguaro in 29er tnt?

I saw a couple lying at Cycle Addiction where the side walls were giving issues - these were brand new tyres and and they couldn't get them to seal. Stan's oozing out the sidewalls like a colander.

Maybe it was just one bad batch...

What about the Maxxis Monorail instead of the crossmax?

As I'm still a heathen on my 26" not sure if it is avail in 29er sizes?

I used to like the Bontrager Team3 TLR front and rear specific combo and the Bontrager XDX TLR as they are light and grippy, but I now doubt their rigidity and puncture resistance (given, they are not full UST, just TLR and I had no issues with the 2.25 front specific team3 so far). So, for the Epic this would be a no-no for me. I love the Geax Saguaro TNT on my 26" so I will try this on the rear wheel. Wish they brought out the Barro Mountain TNT 29". Would be perfect for the front!

What about the Maxxis Monorail instead of the crossmax?

As I'm still a heathen on my 26" not sure if it is avail in 29er sizes?

If you are going on a 26 " and you were my partner, I would force you to put on the Monorail, not available for the 29'er market yet.

Just finished off my first Geax barro race - don't recommend these. They're not very durable (virtually no tread left on my rear tire after about 500km) and traction on climbs isn't great. Going to replace with Specialized fasttrack 2bliss which work well on my 26er in dry western cape conditions.

If you are going on a 26 " and you were my partner, I would force you to put on the Monorail, not available for the 29'er market yet.

Whyfore?

And if we added the conti RK / MK into the equation...

As long as I didn't have to ride behind you - those things chuck up stones and gravel like crazy!

+1

I normally use non UST Race Kings on tubeless format but for the Epic I rekcon the UST Crossmarks are a winner!

On my 26er I use Crossmark Rear and Monorail Front - unfortunately Maxxis has not brought the (L)UST Monorail out yet in 29er, so the 29er has (L)UST Crossmarks front and rear