Hoort fietsryers op die paaie?

Ja, dis nie net vir motoriste nie 32 % 900 Stemme

44.8'>

Nee, gaan ry op bane of in die veld 45 % 1248 Stemme

63'>

Dié debat raak nou afgesaag 23 % 654 Stemme

32.2'>

Vorige Uitslae · Waaroor sal ons stem?

I must admit I was very surprised to see so many people vote "Nee". It kinda makes me realize we have a much bigger problem than I originally thought. Mind you if you see what people think of motorcyclists and the scolding comments they give then I should not really be surprised to see that a vast percentage of people hate cyclists as well. Must say this probably explains why so many cyclists get killed every year. People just dont give a damn. You are simply an obstacle on the road that is preventing them from getting home 5 minutes earlier. Disgusting ...

what I don't understand is the same people that don't want us on the road buy their kids bicycles for Christmas or birthdays and were do these kids ride, on the road. I cant see how we are a problem for them just drive around us it not rocket science, most of the time we ride in the yellow lane anyway......

It only takes 2 or 3 ignorant cyclists who INSIST on cycling next to each other, on a public road where they hold up traffic, to give the rest of us a bad name.

Guys,

This is a copy and paste from my previous comments:

"Dude

Motorists hate OTHER motorists!!!"

"I've been in a bus on Swiss passes...

The bus WAITS behind the cyclist (a commuter) until it is safe to pass, and no one is worse for ware.

Best of it all, the busses are ALWAYS on time, even considering everyone else on the road!!!!

Our biggest problem (or two), is

1. Cyclists are seen to have NO right to the road, where we actually have FULL right as a road user.

2. The laws of the road ( IE accommodating cyclist and other road users) are NOT being enforced by our authorities that we "pay".

It is much easier to sit somewhere and catch you in the car doing 110km in a 100km/h zone.

Yep, I am yet to see that that kills someone obeying ALL the rules of the road!!!"

Sela

Placed my vote!

Can we try not too relive the argument of bad cyclist, good cyclist, ignorant and indifferent motorist? Rather go and vote and claim the cyclists have a right to a road.

Just because some drivers drive badly people are not arguing that all motorists don't have a right to the road. The same for cyclists, just because some cyclists ride badly it does not imply that all cyclists don't have a right to the road. We are all rightful road users.

Agree with you 100% Katz, I drive out to Northern Farms most weekend mornings to do some MTBiking and the road cyclists behaviour is absolutely ridiculous - not doing themselves any favours in winning over the average motorist.

Ok Oom voted, but pse tell me what does this option mean

"Dié debat raak nou afgesaag"

"The debate touches now sawed off"

is that the same as

This is a stupid question to even ask in the first place, of course cyclists should be allowed on the road

I must admit I was very surprised to see so many people vote "Nee". It kinda makes me realize we have a much bigger problem than I originally thought. Mind you if you see what people think of motorcyclists and the scolding comments they give then I should not really be surprised to see that a vast percentage of people hate cyclists as well. Must say this probably explains why so many cyclists get killed every year. People just dont give a damn. You are simply an obstacle on the road that is preventing them from getting home 5 minutes earlier. Disgusting ...

Your talking about Beeld readers remember. I wouldn't worry too much that the last few remaining readers of Die Beeld in the darker corners of Pretoria are a representative view of wider public opinion.