I finally did it :)

I-FELT-the-FORCE

You okes are insane. Period!

I would put all my winter woolies on and get on the IDT. Seriously, when it drops down to 10C it takes me about 3 hours before I feel my toes

Edited by TMobile

Nice one B! thumbup1.gif

The weather here was a bit on the warmish side today. Started at 15 deg, ended at 32 deg C. I might mention that I started in the A,B,C bunch and we started at 6:33. So the max temp was at 9:15ish..... eek.gif

It then proceeded to warm up even more!

I had a thermal base l/s top on,Cape storm water proof vest and a Look jacket over that with long thermal bibs.Shimano water proof thermal gloves and booties on to keep the hands and toes warm.

What tyres are you riding with?

I went out on the mtb and weird thing is when you see a puddle of water and think you are going to get sprayed but the water is frozen solid.

Wow, thats not too much layering and you still got too hot... Goodness me. OK, I went out without the base layer, normal top, long thermal sleeves under an endura light winter jacket. Long thermal legs, Castelli thermal gloves and Endura over shoes. Riding my Vittoria Rubina training tyres at the moment, slick. LOVING the challenge.

Nice one B! thumbup1.gif

The weather here was a bit on the warmish side today. Started at 15 deg, ended at 32 deg C. I might mention that I started in the A,B,C bunch and we started at 6:33. So the max temp was at 9:15ish..... eek.gif

It then proceeded to warm up even more!

NICE one mate... saw your race report... brilliant result man, really really super stuff. I would gladly take some of your heat, even just your minum 15 deg right now would feel like summer whistling.gif . Crikey man, I dont know if I will ever be able to ride in that sort of heat again. I would love the tan though blush.png as the pins are looking a bit on the "blue white" side wacko.png . Well done again K, and to all the Durbanville guys thumbup1.gif

NICE one mate... saw your race report... brilliant result man, really really super stuff. I would gladly take some of your heat, even just your minum 15 deg right now would feel like summer whistling.gif . Crikey man, I dont know if I will ever be able to ride in that sort of heat again. I would love the tan though blush.png as the pins are looking a bit on the "blue white" side wacko.png . Well done again K, and to all the Durbanville guys thumbup1.gif

Yeah, those 'pin's' will get shriveled and burnt, back in the good 'ol SA. Thanks man. Was a good hard ride. Nice results. A DC team mate won the group so I am happy thumbup1.gif

When are you coming to visit? unsure.png

How was your ride this morning??? We had it COLD again. Took a pic or two for the guys..... will try and upload them now. Here off the Mersey, we got to -1 again and through the little dips and troughs of the country side, about -2 again. What a GREAT day to ride.

Ride was great. Only got going at 10ish with no ice or frost in sight. Did a chilled 4hours, it was a beautiful day for riding except around Beachy Head where i got slammed with an icy wind.

To be honest i have been colder in Colesberg.It sounds cold but it isn't to bad......as long as the wind doesn't blow.

@ King Crispy that pic is on the Zugerberg, just behind Planet Zug, Switzerland.

Man it was a beautifull looking day today, clear blue skies...until u stepped outside, 2 degrees before the wind chill.

Been sick with a throat thing sooo i chickened out and went to the golf driving range instead..120 balls later was well and truely frozen. Saw a few brave souls out cycling but none of them looked happy to be there.

Did manage a quick circuit in the gym afterwards LOL...Then back home to watch the Joburg open (recorded earlier...)

Well done to the brave cyclists who did go out!

Not sure about negative figures (highveld temps don't often get that low) , but back in my youth, delivering the Star on early winter mornings, that cold would penetrate all layers of clothing, even the Cateye would go completely black from the wind chill factor.

So riding in neg temps must be insane. Well done for getting out there.