Bike carriers

The Ghost

I fancy the Thule 3 bike tow bar options, but what's the best way to transport 2 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes?

Thanks

Two on the roof and two on the back is another. Expensive though... 4 bike would be cheaper than a trailer unless you already have a trailer...

ive got a thule euroway three bike carrier that has an extra attachment for a fourth bike.retails for about ten grand.

Go for the 3way then have only one extra on the roof. Use it for one of the big this putting less load on the tow bar. You can then also use the roof for the days you only need to transport your bike alone instead of lugging the huge 3way around all the time

I fancy the Thule 3 bike tow bar options, but what's the best way to transport 2 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes?

Thanks

Have you had a look at the Hold Fast 2/3 Bike Sprint with a Top Runner on the roof? (Cheaper than the Thule...)

http://www.holdfast.co.za/app/webroot/uploads/images/7d05b3c8a6ae26de084ff368570bdbca.jpg

http://www.holdfast.co.za/app/webroot/uploads/images/cd31dd4a3e4e8ae46151e0b1627a598e.jpg

Go for the 3way then have only one extra on the roof. Use it for one of the big this putting less load on the tow bar. You can then also use the roof for the days you only need to transport your bike alone instead of lugging the huge 3way around all the time

I have heard some bad stories of bikes coming off roof items, it kinda worries me

I own a thule 3-bike towbar carrier, it is excellent. Perhaps get the 4th bike adaptor for the towbar, or put it into the boot? The roof-rack option is expensive and creates drag which impacts on your fuel consumption.

If you go the roof-rack route, I would recommend putting one of the small kids bikes on the roof, because it would be less wind resistance, also puts less strain on the vehicle gutters. The towbar carriers can support more than three bikes, certified and tested so they are more than adequate to hold the weight of the big bikes. Cheers,