Durban Critical Mass

EigerSA

I know everybody diarised the date already... :)

but for those that missed it, Durban Critical Mass tomorrow @ 5:30pm. Meet at MM Stadium (at the bust)... all welcome!

How did it go last month?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Durban folk, keep an eye on the Durban Critical Mass Facebook group and join in the fun:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/cmassdbn/

As with the other groups around SA we ride on the last Friday of every month meeting at Moses Mabhida Stadium at 5:30pm.

We also do Moonlight Mass rides which take place on the night of full moon every month with us meeting at 7:30pm (for an 8pm start) again at Moses Mabhida.

This is not about professional cyclists and racing but rather about us getting on our bikes (any bikes) and taking a leisurely ride around our fabulous city. We head along the beachfront and then see where the route takes us. The streets are a great place to ride at night.

No lights are necessary so don't let this put your off. Some of us have lights but the street lights often provide enough lighting and for the full moon rides it is always bright.

Come on Durbs, let's get off those lazy asses and ride! :)

Hey guys.

June Critical Mass coming up. Last event (moonlight mass) was a great turnout with 30 or so riders. Lets get even more out for the critical mass.

Friday 29 June 2012

17:00 for 17:30 @ Moses Mabisa Stadium (by the fountains)

Spread the word.

Lets aim for 50 or so people this time round.

Moon light mass will then be on the 3 July 2012, leave at 19:30 for 20:00.

Get there people :-) Its good fun

Next Ride is on 29th June @ 530pm. Meet at MM stadium, from 515pm, at the bust, just in front of Nino's.....see you there!?

I see a moerse problem guys. Parking and there is also rugger on next door. Do not think I want to be on a bike at this time........

Any suggestions anyone?

So I must be the biggest box on The Hub today!

There I was, very keen to do my first ride in four months.

Got some mates together and went to the Moses Mabida stadium to take part in the Critical Mass ride (my previous posts refer) We were the only people there ‘cos I got the damn date wrong! Had to buy coffee and cake all round but what the hell.

Sorry guys, see you guys next week.

What a Tjop!

So I must be the biggest box on The Hub today!

There I was, very keen to do my first ride in four months.

Got some mates together and went to the Moses Mabida stadium to take part in the Critical Mass ride (my previous posts refer) We were the only people there ‘cos I got the damn date wrong! Had to buy coffee and cake all round but what the hell.

Sorry guys, see you guys next week.

What a Tjop!

Ha ha, apologies for us not picking up on your posts on here either! :)

If you are on Facebook then like the Critical Mass - Durban group for all the updates. Don't let it put your mates off and join us for the proper ride on the 29th!

It's on for tonight guys, and the weather is going to be perfect for a Durban style city ride!!

Slowly but surely this ride is gaining momentum in Durban. Last night we had over 25 riders, which for us was pretty damn cool! Now if everyone who said they'd come, would actually pitch up, we would have so many more riders!

Quite an interesting mix last night, 2 fixies, 2 or 3 ss, and then the geared guys and girls. We had one lady from Romania who did really well to keep up in her heeled boots! Can't wait for the next one.

In the meantime, moonlight mass in on Tuesday night at 8:30pm - be there!

Edited by EigerSA

Slowly but surely this ride is gaining momentum in Durban. Last night we had over 25 riders, which for us was pretty damn cool! Now if everyone who said they'd come, would actually pitch up, we would have so many more riders!

Quite an interesting mix last night, 2 fixies, 2 or 3 ss, and then the geared guys and girls. We had one lady from Romania who did really well to keep up in her heeled boots! Can't wait for the next one.

In the meantime, moonlight mass in on Tuesday night at 8:30pm - be there!

You forgot about the one unicycle too...

You forgot about the one unicycle too...

I did! That guy was awesome (was that you?). Can't believe how he kept up, was impressed enough to want to try myself!

Moonlight mass tomorrow night guys.

Lets rock up in numbers.

Soooo keen.

See you there!!!!!

8:30 for 9pm

Moses Mabida Stadium!