How is your Epic training going?

Newboy

I feel I am on track. I train as much as I can and stick to my program.

The last week I could feel my motivation take a bit of a dip. (i have been working crazy long hours) I was actually quite relieved Tuesday morning when I got up and we had that big storm, I promptly got back into bed. I did train every other morning but struggled to get out of bed.

2 months to go, any advice to get my motivation levels up again?

I was in hospital 2 times during the holiday, had an operation as well, was off for about 3weeks in total, also felt I wasn't ready/motivation was down in the dumps, but I watched last years epic, that got me back on track, trust me!!! Good luck guys, can't wait, 59 days left

2 months to go, any advice to get my motivation levels up again?

Fear the Epic. The best motivation in the world... ;)

Similar thread going -

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/111398-so-hows-your-epic-training-coming-along/page__fromsearch__1

Yeah the Dec holidays allowed for time on the bike without much hassle, back to work and I've struggled to keep the routine going, but did Attakwas and now doing Barberton this weekend, and motivated to finish the training up with a good February.

Good luck dude, see you there!

Also had a fairly good December, boy what a balance between work, kids activities at school, but we have done 900km good training for the month of January and having to do 120km 2morrow from 4am before business trip for the weekend, so to all the warriors out there, good luck guys and see u there.

Listen your body. If it wants to stay in bed (and not because you are simply lazy), then the best thing to do in preparation is......stay in bed. Serious.

Started with the dreaded intervals yesterday. 4 minutes at 90% of Heart Rate Max. Not fun, but if we can stick it out twice a week for 5 weeks ,it will stand us in good stead. Was doing 15 hours/ week , but we reduced that to 8-10 hours a week, concentrating on the speed work and intervals now.