Tennis...

'Dale

Yip as I said, Nadal was the man I had my money on before the game even started. I am personally not the biggest Nadal fan but he is simply is king at Rolland Garos. Of his 20 grand slam titles, 13 are at Rolland Garros. That is 65% on clay.

I quite like the commentry we get here in Germany on Europsport which is none other than Borris Becker. As he said, Nadal plays in his own world and only he knows how to play in his world. No-one else knows. Djoko was not playing bad at all. As Borris said, Djoko still managed to return on Nadals server where nobody else in the tournament really managed that. The scoreboard also did not reflect Djokos effort. But Nadal just upped his game where nobody could challange him. I mean only 4 unforced errors towards the end of the second set for Nadal in two sets. It was absolute brilliant tennis and I just sat in amazement last night watching.

Nadal is tactically really good especially on clay..he is also able to adapt his game and read his opponent really well... and when he is on song it is just something to behold and there will be no stopping him.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aus Open:

Djokovic in a tight spot in the 4th set, a break down, 2-3 against Taylor Fritz(27th seed).

The match is suspended, presumably because it is already 23h30 over there.

Reminds me of a 5hour thriller a couple of years back, can't remember who was involved, but it ended at 4AM or something ridiculous.

Some of the big names still in the running:

Women: S. Williams, Barty(No 1 Seed), Muguruza, N. Osaka, S Halep(No 2 seed)

Men: Djokovic, Raonic, A Zverev, Thiem, L Harris(SA), Nadal        (Some other decent ones as well)

Good Tennis coming our way this next week.

That 5h thriller you're talking about - I watched it (on TV!).... it was a final between Djok and Nadal. They could hardly stand during the interviews! Amazing!

And sorry if that was ot the game you're talking about, but that is an epic I remember. Think Djokovic still sat on the net while somebody was talking.

Hope it can continue, even without spectators then. 

On a side-note. I was somewhat surprised to see Kenin getting beaten - and so easily. And I'm surprised at how well Halep is doing. I like her, just surprised that she is doing so well at Aus. (Again, from memory... she usually suck at Aus and US)

Some strong contenders still in the running.

The bottom half of the women's draw specifically will see some strong competition.

Fingers crossed for Nadal and Osaka to take the trophies home come the weekend. 

post-27827-0-40881900-1613383576_thumb.png

post-27827-0-33125600-1613383635_thumb.png

Halep showing some fight. Fighting to break back after losing her first service game.

She is ready for this.

Cmon Simona!

Edited by Vetplant

Nevermind...

Don't want to pin my hopes on Osaka to do the business in the Semi, might just be disappointed once again.

checking up on the tennis GOAT race, in grandslam stakes

wins(runner up)

RF - 20 (11)

RN - 20 (8)

ND - 17 (10)

Federer, is 39, and even though his body is a 30 year old surely done.

Nadal is 34, but his body is that of a 40 year old. he will no doubt overtake Roger either here or in paris(if held)  but for how much longer?

Djokovic has won 5 of the last 9 grandslams, so how long can he go on for, and where will he end?

Each person probably has someone they detest, for justifiable reasons.

My least-liked person is Serena, after her multiple meltdowns at match officials. So for me it is #AnyoneButSerena

Both of them falls in the same box for me.  The problem is I cannot see anybody stopping them this time.  

Djokovic needs to watch the racket smashing, he might just injure that ab tear again.. 

Both of them falls in the same box for me. The problem is I cannot see anybody stopping them this time.

Djokovic needs to watch the racket smashing, he might just injure that ab tear again..

Nadal should have sufficient firepower to go for it in the Final. I do think that the Mens side is a bit more contestable than the women's side if Serena is on good form.

Nadal should have sufficient firepower to go for it in the Final. I do think that the Mens side is a bit more contestable than the women's side if Serena is on good form.

Nadal out!

Flippen shocked with that one.

He was cruising, and then lost the 3rd....

Looking at the current draw, I would like it if Tsitsipas wins the Title

Both of them falls in the same box for me. The problem is I cannot see anybody stopping them this time.

One down one to go hey[emoji6]