LBS Service Levels

Ant J Allen

Circle Cycles in Fish Hoek - phoned at 9am monday morning. Took the bike in at ten am. Chris re-fitted a rear deralier cable and set the gears. Got the bike back at 11am.

Now that is service!! :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When a LBS has the ability to only open after 9h30 on a weekday, then "forget" about your order you placed 2 days ago (small but important) and then go out of their way to explain to you that you must get over yourself for complaining about lack of service its time for them to think about their future. This in a shop where turnover of stock is limited, turnover of staff is at maximum and client service at a minimum. OUCH :eek:

When the LBS makes sure the supplier overnights your R500 order and lends you a tool that you don't own.

TOOL-UP CYCLES in Centurion (Midstream) gets my vote. Well done chaps!

I dont need too much from a bike shop. The the following 3 items are absolutely critical:

Communication, tell me whats going on, get back to me

Follow through on promises, if you say the bike will be ready at 2, make sure is ready at two. I understand things go wrong and sometimes you cant get it done, but then see line above

Don't screw me over, we set you this that or the next thing cos it would only cost R200, see the top line, communicate, if you think I need major work done or something replaced give me a call. And adding stans to my wheels freaks me out. What if i was running some other sealant in the tyres.

Just my 2c 

When a LBS has the ability to only open after 9h30 on a weekday, then "forget" about your order you placed 2 days ago (small but important) and then go out of their way to explain to you that you must get over yourself for complaining about lack of service its time for them to think about their future. This in a shop where turnover of stock is limited, turnover of staff is at maximum and client service at a minimum. OUCH :eek:

Sounds like every CycleLab/Bicycle Company I have ever been to...

That's why I love my LBS, No BS and always go above and beyond for me.

Been through a few bike shops with less than satisfactory results, until I stumbled across (into?) Singletrack Cycles in Lynnwood (Silver Lakes).

Gotta give credit where credit is due: Barend and his team have been extremely helpful in sourcing the required parts on several occasions over the past few weeks.

I'm also a poor GT rider (as mentioned previously in this thread). Nevertheless, this made no difference to the level of service. Barend took the time to discuss options, give advice and so forth. When I am ready to take the plunge on a new steed, I know where to go.

Good2Go Pinetown....there is nobody better...always willing to go the extra mile, Jason and Mark know what they are doing, and it is always done by the time they said so, ussually before ...

Amazed no one has mentioned Tony Impey. Ex pro cyclist who has a shop in Bedfordview. Been going to him for 19 years. Consistently great service. A massive fund of knowledge. He still personally test rides every bike that is serviced around the parking lot.

Not to mention his son Daryl rides for Green Edge and has done very well over the years despite some awful accidents.

A family run business and a cycling family. Tony is a hard man on a bike.

I am one of those customers from hell...taken various bikes to just about every bike shop in Durban and surrounding areas.

I have to give cyclesphere credit where it is due...they have stuck to what was agreed in the sale agreement and sorted my anthem out without any issues...they changed the pipes for my brakes and stripped and assembled the maestro suspension because they found something wasnt right...also replaced the freewheel thingy mabob which was causing the click clack noise...just the pedals were a problem...but thats sorted now.

if or should i say when i upgrage my road bike...if i decide to buy a giant chances are good that it will be from them.

If you have an old bike like i do ( ol miss daisy) and need second parts or cant find anywhere else...urban cycles is the place to go...the only reason the old girl is still on the road is thanks to these guys.

Good 2 go have done a couple of services on a variety of bikes for me...price was fair workmanship good.

I have had bad experiences with some of the bike shops ...not gona name and shame because it might have been sh¥t that happens...waited a week for my revel to be serviced...got to the event brake started leaking......part of the service was to true the back wheel...shortly afterwards one spokes broke wasnt impressed.

Not even gona go into bike sales...some shops around durban dont need your business...they selling so many bikes that they cant keep up...so you get that...do i really have to stand here...i would much rather be doing something else or be serving the other customer who looks like can afford a new bike...

Edited by isetech

So this is a thanks to Gavin and Neville of Neil's wheels. So went for a ride through Constantia on saturday and on the way back popped a spoke that started clacking on my cassette. Staying around plumstead and buying from Gavin before, i stopped off there and the guys helped me out and i was on my way home again. I know there are hubbers that dont like Him, but as i said before, unlike other BS in the area he actually treats you fairly if it is a R50 or a R5000 sale.  Thanks guys, will see you soon for my road bike!!! 

:drool:  :thumbup:  :clap:

I have to give cyclesphere credit where it is due...they have stuck to what was agreed in the sale agreement and sorted my anthem out without any issues...they changed the pipes for my brakes and stripped and assembled the maestro suspension because they found something wasnt right...also replaced the freewheel thingy mabob which was causing the click clack noise...just the pedals were a problem...but thats sorted now.

Agree with your comments on some of the other shops around Durban, shocking service levels.

On the other hand, I have been using Cyclesphere since June when I moved to Durban, and they have been excellent. Friendly bunch of guys, quick turn around time and their prices are really competitive.