Ride for Sight

TNT1

Was riding just behind you, you guys came down hard. Glad to see you are okay, not sure what 1st guy was doing that took you out. Straight clean road and all.

Exactly.....i know the R4S is prone for these problems, so made sure i was in front, better luck at the Berge en Dale on saturday.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first Ride for Sight since back in the day when it started at Hyperama in Benoni.

I did the 116km event and enjoyed it even though it was tougher than I thought it was going to be :eek: , but good training for the Argus!!

Very well organized and well done to the marshals.

I will be definately be back next year!!

Think I might have been one of the guys that hit you....I was I think the 3rd one down!!Big mess getting up from that one....tried to make it back to the bunch but missed the turn off and had to turn around after the bridge. Body hurting today..bike not looking to good!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Think the Mtn guy that came down made it back. Personally I think the guy that started the crash made a bit of an amateur mistake if you ask me.....

I went down in this crash aswell. Managed to avoid the main fall . but some clown rear ended me , Just came out of hospital. Broken Thumb ......and a cast for 6 weeks...there goes SA's

I went down in this crash aswell. Managed to avoid the main fall . but some clown rear ended me , Just came out of hospital. Broken Thumb ......and a cast for 6 weeks...there goes SA's

Aag Bliksem that is bad!!

I am riding Epic and the first thing that went through my mind was F#$# I hope I did not break anything!!

Was waiting for you, hoping that you could help me chase back.....always bad that something like this happens, especially on a straight road when we are not even up to racing speed!!

It's the first time I did this race since I crashed and lost my teeth there a few years ago. The goal was to ride past where I crashed. I had a good ride, but I did see the paramedics help some crashed cyclists.

Late entry, ML. 3:27 ITT.

Well done!

TNT, whom on the Organising Committee do you contact for complaints / reports about the poor condition of the roads used for the race?

It is not for me, but for a buddy of mine who did the race.

Did the other riders in the race also think the road surface was bad / full of unfilled holes?

TNT, whom on the Organising Committee do you contact for complaints / reports about the poor condition of the roads used for the race? It is not for me, but for a buddy of mine who did the race. Did the other riders in the race also think the road surface was bad / full of unfilled holes?

The organisers DID mark the potholes and it is not their job to do road maintenance. I hurtled along blindly with the big B/VC group through town and down the steps and did see the markings, but did not think the roads were in THAT bad a condition (given the ZA connection).

I have a bigger concern about the gaps between the last racing bunches and the open/seeded groups that followed them

Edited by HEman

TNT, whom on the Organising Committee do you contact for complaints / reports about the poor condition of the roads used for the race?

Did the other riders in the race also think the road surface was bad / full of unfilled holes?

Will pm you contact details.

No, I found the route and the roads perfect. FFS, people complain about everything. the road was too bumpy, there were too many corners in the lead up to the finish line. It is all part of racing... okes would complain if there was a cobbled section too.

Everything about this race was spot on, the parking was easy, the start pens worked well, the start was on time, the route was perfectly marshalled and everyone in my bunch behaved themselves.

Well done to TNT and his crew for a brilliant day out.

Guys, I will be forwarding all your comments/suggestions/complaints to the correct persons at the organisers. If you have specific things, or want to take it off line, contact me via pm.

Small little additional point, while the distance to go signs are a good idea i noticed that in some places they were placed a bit off the distance by my GPS reading. Usually i don't see them but as i could not seem to hold any bunches wheel's i decided to relax and enjoy the ride more.

Posted Today, 08:00

snapback.pngWannabe, on 14 February 2012 - 07:53 , said:

Will pm you contact details.

Please PM me the contact details too.

I have a bigger concern about the gaps between the last racing bunches and the open/seeded groups that followed them

Out of interest, what was the start time gap between the VC and B bunches?

What happened to the A bunch? Did they start before the VC's?

Out of interest, what was the start time gap between the VC and B bunches?

What happened to the A bunch? Did they start before the VC's?

A's started 5 minutes after the VB's

Out of interest, what was the start time gap between the VC and B bunches? What happened to the A bunch? Did they start before the VC's?

AL @ 6:45

% @ 6:51 - might be a minute out one way or the other, BL/VC caught them just after the bottom of the steps. % split from B/VC split up just after Heidelberg again. I missed the front of B/VC :( when the ladies neutralised their own race to split themselves from the men.

VC @ 6:56 - BL caught them in 18km, but they were having tea according to some of them

BL @ 6:59