[Event] MTN National XCM #5 Mabalingwe Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

Hi Tim,

I did a bulk entry and only the last person entered on it received the seeding email. Where can I look for my seeding?

Hi Tim. Do you have an answer for me yet? Thanks

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first ever MTB race! Really looking forward to it and hope it lives up to all the hype!

Only doing the 40kms and hope it isnt just fast and flat and there is a little bit of technical in it! Not too much, my technical abilities are VERY limited! :o A half brick can prove to be a challenge! :D

Pity anyone getting stuck behind me!! Dont get too aggro! :(

The best organised MTB race I ever attended! No queues, no issues, just super slick organization. Very well done!!!!

Edited by leeu52

long sustained hills, nothing for your granny gear. THE SAND, the sand. Awesome event, great weather, fast route, technical cornering, great fun, cold beer AND an icecream at the finish, I ENJOYED MYSELF!

Great event. Really enjoyed myself. Rocky descents quite technical but I will be back next year to improve my skills.Some issues with riders making wrong turns and ending up doing more or less than the required distance. I had no issues except I lost some mates who took a wrong turn that turned out to be a shortcut. I caught up to them 10 km later.

Well organized and friendly and helpful staff. Commendable!

I did the 75k. Very well organised. I didnt see much of the views - was trying to stay rubberside down on all the descents. Had a hard fall on a 3 arrows down at about 40 - no surprise there! I thought the climb up to Kapama at about 55-59 was ridiculous, I struggled to carry there, never even considered riding it. Do the pros really ride alll of that? Coming down Vodacom hill on my way home had a complete mecanical meltdown, and had to carry my bike to my car. Climbed 1400m and did 75 km for a DNF! I WILL BE BAAAAACK!!!

Day started very badly - woke up late, front flat, missed my start batch, lost 2nd bottle in first 10 km, shifter came loose but only got better and better. Sorted the front, was only the valve, tightened the shifter with help of friendly competitor, saw the lions, didn't fall off, watched leading men from Evans back to Keey fly past and finished 75 in respectable time. Awesome - best race this year!!

Edited by jcza

Nice hard race,was my first Lionman.Got more bang for my buck,somehow missed a turn after the final decend and ended up on the 40km route...in the end did 96km instead of 75!!

Seems lots of riders made that mistake?Someone at the finish told me some guy put a box infront of the sign or something.

I also see Brandon Steward complained on twitter that the route was way to rocky...I don't think it was that bad.He called it the worse route he has ever done.

I wil be back next year!

The route was changed in comp. to last year :( was lookin fwd to that tuff downhill) However, the race and ride was still good. Fritz , I am sure will find the guilty Marshall who put the waste bin in front of the split markers (at the last WP) and waved a number of 75km guys onto the 40km route, thus resulting in an additional 17km for a number of us. It was annoying as it stuffed up the whole Cat. classifications, now it'll be a lottery sorting the Results.

I saw Stewart and one of the itec riders carrying, made me feel better!

Arrived at Mabalingwe on Friday night and was really excited for the 40km! Race was brilliantly organized in my opinion. Started in batch A next to Ryan Gibbons (that 18 year old prodigy). That kid can peddle! Stuck with the lead pack for the first 20 and then decided to ride my own race... Did a 1:47 something, guess I'm happy with that as my chain came off 3 times and always at the worst possible moment!

Had a great time, and was surprised to see Kevin and David (360Life) were my neighbours at the Village...