Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I think that Coetzee can also take some notes on how some of his star players performed today when given the opportunity to express themselves, so can Ludeke (not that there were any Bulls involved in today's Barba's game). I think White will bring that sort of game back to the Sharks and if the Cheetahs managed to hang onto a few of their players, they will probably benefit from the more expansive game that they play in Bloem.

Meyer did a great job to consolidate the Boks as the second best team in the world. More of the same will unfortunately not elevate us to the best team in the world. The vision displayed by some of the Boks today after only a week of training with some of the other of the world's most exciting players gave us all an insight of what might have been in 2013. Its amazing what Hansen achieved in less than a week with some of our players...

I said nothing about Alister..... He is not National team coach quality.

The Bulls were already "Invisibull" at most of their games last season, so what will be different. The Puma ad runs like a horror movie and this epitomises the state of Bulls rugby right now!

I agree, JDV is a has been and does not have much control over his team. They should make somebody like Flip the captain.

Problem is that he spends too much time in the bin and we would be captainless anyway!

For the record, I think that Coetzee can also take some notes on how some of his star players performed today when given the opportunity to express themselves, so can Ludeke (not that there were any Bulls involved in today's Barba's game). I think White will bring that sort of game back to the Sharks and if the Cheetahs managed to hang onto a few of their players, they will probably benefit from the more expansive game that they play in Bloem.

Meyer did a great job to consolidate the Boks as the second best team in the world. More of the same will unfortunately not elevate us to the best team in the world. The vision displayed by some of the Boks today after only a week of training with some of the other of the world's most exciting players gave us all an insight of what might have been in 2013. Its amazing what Hansen achieved in less than a week with some of our players...

I have never been a Schalk Burger fan but yesterday he showed us why he is highly rated. It will be good to see him back, but he has some hairy competition. Bismarck and Duane also showed why they are rated with the best in the world

The Bulls were already "Invisibull" at most of their games last season, so what will be different. The Puma ad runs like a horror movie and this epitomises the state of Bulls rugby right now!

Have you been in the sun too much???? .........or is sweeping generalizations just the way those in the Cape Colony operates????

Let me give you a clue....... Maybe glue will work better. What is the difference between DHL Stormers and Western Province????

Who was top of the log in the South African Conference this year and what does DHL stand for??? I will answer the last question for you as I do not want your brain to go onto overload......... Dis Heeltemal Leeg

Have you been in the sun too much???? .........or is sweeping generalizations just the way those in the Cape Colony operates????

Let me give you a clue....... Maybe glue will work better. What is the difference between DHL Stormers and Western Province????

Who was top of the log in the South African Conference this year and what does DHL stand for??? I will answer the last question for you as I do not want your brain to go onto overload......... Dis Heeltemal Leeg

Sorry to disappoint you but I originate from Shark country, am and always will be a fan of the best team in the country. There was a time that I believed in the Bulls but they seem now to be stumbling from one inept action to the next.

As for commenting about my brainpower perhaps you've been living in Grootrivier too long, not much happens there does it? Finishing top of the conference and Currie Cup log means nothing if it is only a result that flatters to deceive.

Sorry to disappoint you but I originate from Shark country, am and always will be a fan of the best team in the country. There was a time that I believed in the Bulls but they seem now to be stumbling from one inept action to the next.

As for commenting about my brainpower perhaps you've been living in Grootrivier too long, not much happens there does it? Finishing top of the conference and Currie Cup log means nothing if it is only a result that flatters to deceive.

Look well after the Curry Cup........ You are going to wait long to see it again. The ghost of tricky Dickie still lingers. Even Jake the outcast may find it difficult.

Look well after the Curry Cup........ You are going to wait long to see it again. The ghost of tricky Dickie still lingers. Even Jake the outcast may find it difficult.

I remember a quote made by Naas Botha when Natal won the Currie Cup in 1990: " They haven't won it for a hundred years, and won't win it again for a hundred years"

Famous last words.................?

I have never been a Schalk Burger fan but yesterday he showed us why he is highly rated. It will be good to see him back, but he has some hairy competition. Bismarck and Duane also showed why they are rated with the best in the world

And so did Willie. Jean looked like the player he was under Jake White and even Lambie looked comfortable at fly half.

I remember a quote made by Naas Botha when Natal won the Currie Cup in 1990: " They haven't won it for a hundred years, and won't win it again for a hundred years"

Famous last words.................?

Dick Muir almost ensured it would happen. Naas was brilliant though.

Wonder if he misses all the blonde visitors and wine from Dad's farm????

They had a social week like any barbarians team, Hanson didn't transform any players.

It's easy to play with freedom when there is zero pressure.

And look what we did to Australia and Argentina in the championship this year? (1st game against each...)

SA looked good, scored a gazillion (ok well lots more than normal) tries and started looking more comfortable with ball in hand than tackling, which hasn't been the case for a while.

Let Heynecke do his thing... He built a winning culture at the Bulls who, lets be honest, were prettyaverage when he took over.

He has bought back passion to the players and well, frankly isnt either hated by everyone (ala Jake) or the laughing stock that was P Divvy.

We are looking good. Chill out and watch them either bloom or fail. Who really cares?

If we fail the nay sayers win with a cheap 'I told you so' and if they succeed the naysayers will win too because their beloved Springboks have won.... Obviously the players..

Basically the new cammo shirts are daft but less insulting than the pienk ones. Springbok rugby has respect and is competitive again which is awesome and in the end its only sport and it doesnt actually matter. At all... Despite what anyone says it really doesnt....

And look what we did to Australia and Argentina in the championship this year? (1st game against each...)

SA looked good, scored a gazillion (ok well lots more than normal) tries and started looking more comfortable with ball in hand than tackling, which hasn't been the case for a while.

Let Heynecke do his thing... He built a winning culture at the Bulls who, lets be honest, were prettyaverage when he took over.

He has bought back passion to the players and well, frankly isnt either hated by everyone (ala Jake) or the laughing stock that was P Divvy.

We are looking good. Chill out and watch them either bloom or fail. Who really cares?

If we fail the nay sayers win with a cheap 'I told you so' and if they succeed the naysayers will win too because their beloved Springboks have won.... Obviously the players..

Basically the new cammo shirts are daft but less insulting than the pienk ones. Springbok rugby has respect and is competitive again which is awesome and in the end its only sport and it doesnt actually matter. At all... Despite what anyone says it really doesnt....

Meyer is a coach that is good in letting players express themselves and he has introduced structures and good choices of strength that suit the current modern game. ( Loose forwards and a flat defensive pattern.) However I have 2 problems with him: His fixation with replacing key players at critical times, and his love affair with Victor Matfield. A great player who was head and shoulders above the rest in his specialty, (Lineouts, with Bakkies support) but he has moved on and we have a great choice of youngsters to develop for the world cup. For physicality to match the best in the world, he needs to really pair up Etsebeth( Pity about the injury) and Peter Steph Du Toit. This, combined with our great loosies and a front row that is already ahead of the rest will see us walking tall at the world cup.( Beware the Aussies though, they are streeysmart- ask the Welsh)

What NZ is impeccable with is how each of their 'provinces' all align and collaborate to serve the All Blacks legacy.

E.g if talented player X is not getting game time in his club, he gets drafted to another club to ensure he gets exposure, and so forth.

The laager mentality amongst SA provinces is one differentiator between ABs and Boks.