Rugby...

'Dale

What NZ is impeccable with is how each of their 'provinces' all align and collaborate to serve the All Blacks legacy.

E.g if talented player X is not getting game time in his club, he gets drafted to another club to ensure he gets exposure, and so forth.

The laager mentality amongst SA provinces is one differentiator between ABs and Boks.

Absolutely agree..

They also step in to monitor the rehab of pivotal players, manage their mental well being and try to improve their rugby as a nation together.

Look at Johann Goosen. Thrown into the mix as soon as he can walk... Let the guy come back slowly. Ease him back into the mix. His headspace can't be good after 2 (or is it 3?!) season ending injuries in as many seasons...

I think our player management needs a serious rethink.

Agree with Greybeard too.... Victor must retire graciously. Heynecke must let him.

All this too'ing and fro'ing yes no yes no rubbish is unsettling for those around them.

But like I said, let him try his ideas. Jake White threw Bobby a lifeline. Hard to tell whether it worked or not but only time will answer our current questions..

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What NZ is impeccable with is how each of their 'provinces' all align and collaborate to serve the All Blacks legacy.

E.g if talented player X is not getting game time in his club, he gets drafted to another club to ensure he gets exposure, and so forth.

The laager mentality amongst SA provinces is one differentiator between ABs and Boks.

You are absolutely right about that. Unfortunately there still lingers a hint of it with Meyer and if he ties up again with Matfield it can only get worse. Read Victor's book and here you find a man who only lives in the land North of the Hex river both in body and mind. I hope that the hinted association is only a rumour. Perhaps one area where we must compliment him is the fact that he is prepared to play overseas based players who made a difference this year, something the AB's are loathe to do.

Look how McCaw was given off after the World Cup for like 6 months.

One of their most valued players.

No issues with his county team at all.

Etc

Well put. Does those south of the Grootrivier know how to laager??????? ...... as they turned around at the sign that said "Only those that can read may pass"

sharks avatar is a distant memory,

even more forgotten than the Bulls currie cup performance of 2013

You can't bury your head in the sand to escape reality. The Sharks avatar will continue to haunt you into next season.

Nice to have a good sport on the hub !!

Rematch for the Super 15 ?

Go go power rangers.....post-43150-1386267995,4758.jpg

Not a fan of these over engergraphickt ads. Almost as bad as those supersport ads with balls turning into rockets etc.

Guest Latent Blue

Not a fan of these over engergraphickt ads. Almost as bad as those supersport ads with balls turning into rockets etc.

I second that

Guest Latent Blue

The only sparks stormers fans will see... :lol:

Edited by Latent Blue

The only sparks stormers fans will see... :lol:

At least our defense will be better than those SANDF wannabees from up Norf.

Guest Latent Blue

At least our defense will be better than those SANDF wannabees from up Norf.

Rekkies vs stormtroopers!