Rugby...

'Dale

Can’t believe after how many years the guys can’t compose themselves after scoring. I’d bet that 90+% of NZ’s points come in less than 2min after the kickoff/restart of the game. Stop celebrating so much.

Edited by stefmeister

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bok jerseys are like Argus medals. Everybody must get one.

I think Rassie made a big mistake bringing subs on when he should not have.. We had it in the bag!

Some players will one day tell the grand kids. I got 89 caps for the Boks. But I only played seven and half minutes for the boks.

Damn. I am seriously upset

Tell me about it

Forget lessons for next year.....The big moment was yesterday evening and the boks aided by the coach (substitutions) let it slip.... not just any moment but most likely the best or only chance they ever had to beat the AB at home and away twice in a row.....

I think Rassie made a big mistake bringing subs on when he should not have..

Forced subs maybe?

All the players wear heart rate monitors these days. Their work rate is being tracked live by the coaching staff. The coaches will know how many meters they’ve covered, tackles made, heart beats per minute etc. More importantly the coaches can see when their HR does not return to recovery levels as it should, HR is getting laboured – meaning the player is getting tired. If a tired player misses a tackle it is not his fault. It’s the fault of the coaches who didn’t take him off in time.

I would guess with the intensity of a hiveld test some of the player ‘had to be taken out’.

Faf had a damn great game. Why sub a person when he is having a great game? That turnover penalty cost the match, plain and simple.

Forced subs maybe?

All the players wear heart rate monitors these days. Their work rate is being tracked live by the coaching staff. The coaches will know how many meters they’ve covered, tackles made, heart beats per minute etc. More importantly the coaches can see when their HR does not return to recovery levels as it should, HR is getting laboured – meaning the player is getting tired. If a tired player misses a tackle it is not his fault. It’s the fault of the coaches who didn’t take him off in time.

I would guess with the intensity of a hiveld test some of the player ‘had to be taken out’.

Interesting that. I didn't realize that they monitored that closely and scientifically. Knowing that, I understand a lot more. :thumbup:  

Faf had a damn great game. Why sub a person when he is having a great game? That turnover penalty cost the match, plain and simple.

Now if he can stop telegraphing his box kicks it may actually be effective. When he goes into ‘newborn Giraffe’ mode and do a split 30 seconds before getting the ball, the back 3 can stroll into position and organize themselves properly to make use of the cheap possession they are about to get.

If Rassie had kept the players on and still lost, people would have said exactly the same - he should have used the subs, i.e. he gets the blame, either way. There was no certainty that the Bokke would have won, so pointless going on about what-ifs.

Inexperienced subs? When are they supposed to get experience? This was the best game to gain valuable experience, against the best team in the game.

Commentators and some journalists implying the ABs were tired, didn’t have to worry about losing as the title was already won. This game meant as much to the ABs as it did the Bokke (had they won). The emotions at the end would suggest this was anything but a dead rubber for them.

Nah, it's the players own fault. You could clearly see when their focus shifted from attacking to defending the lead. 

I told my wife they are making a mistake, as the AB's always finish strong.

And then the silly subs happened, and the rest is history.

What a match

The Bokkies had a superb 65 minutes and then went to sleep somehow.

Both Faf and Wilie was subbed for medical reasons.

The coaching staff is bleeding new players and it was the right call to back the new players.

The Kiwis were just brilliant as usual.

However, the world is noticing.

A near perfect year end tour pleeezeeeeeee

What a match

The coaching staff is bleeding new players and it was the right call to back the new players.

only in the last 15mins, i thought they played poor, not to mention the boks did keep them under the pump for all that time, i think once the All Blacks started making changes there a was a new life in the team, Mounga looks really good at 10 with Barrett at 15

only in the last 15mins, i thought they played poor, not to mention the boks did keep them under the pump for all that time, i think once the All Blacks started making changes there a was a new life in the team, Mounga looks really good at 10 with Barrett at 15

They kept the Bokkies at bay for most of the first half, despite being overwhelmed with pressure

Maintained composure despite bleeding many points

And, I believe, they are trained to play for 90 minutes.

What a match

You only get one chance to beat the AB twice in a row

I’m sure fit professional players could manage 20 minutes longer for that one chance.

The big picture is having the history books show you best AB 2 x in as many weeks

You only get one chance to beat the AB twice in a row

I’m sure fit professional players could manage 20 minutes longer for that one chance.

The big picture is having the history books show you best AB 2 x in as many weeks

If this means the Bokke learn from their mistakes and win the RWC next year, then that will trump 2 wins against the ABs. Lose the battle but win the war.

If this means the Bokke learn from their mistakes and win the RWC next year, then that will trump 2 wins against the ABs. Lose the battle but win the war.

Or.... win both  :clap: