'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this kid has been at the gym, not skipping leg day

https://twitter.com/SuperRugbyNZ/status/1226292054222749696?s=09

That is an almighty kick, but I am always sceptical where pundits put a meters figure to kicks because plenty of fields are not 50m from the halfway to the posts... so I doubt it was actually 63m as claimed in the tweet

From wikipedia, the field length is 105m...

The minimum allowable in-goal is 6m, which means goal to goal works out to no more than 93m.

So halfway is 46.5 m, add the 10m and a further roughly 3 means that kick is 59m at best.

PS. Interestingly, the minimum allowable pitch length according to world rugby is 106m, so this field is out-of-spec... they probably got some sort of concession given how close they are to the requirement.

EDIT:Math double checked.

Edited by Swift&Aero

That is an almighty kick, but I am always sceptical where pundits put a meters figure to kicks because plenty of fields are not 50m from the halfway to the posts... so I doubt it was actually 63m as claimed in the tweet

From wikipedia, the field length is 105m...

The minimum allowable in-goal is 6m, which means goal to goal works out to no more than 93m.

So halfway is 46.5 m, add the 10m and a further roughly 3 means that kick is 59m at best.

PS. Interestingly, the minimum allowable pitch length according to world rugby is 106m, so this field is out-of-spec... they probably got some sort of concession given how close they are to the requirement.

EDIT:Math double checked.

That was my first thought too, he cleared it too easily as well as it being sea level.

That in goal area is tiny, almost dangerous

Edited by Shebeen

That was my first thought too, he cleared it too easily as well as it being sea level.

That in goal area is tiny, almost dangerous

I know allot of the guys are gatvol after the conclusion of a World-Cup, but it would be nice to see a skills display where the best kickers get together and try to oubest each other in palce kicks and dropgoals... maybe do it as a curtain raiser the weekend before the first game kicks off...

Hookers can do throw in challenges, Scrummies passing challenges...and I am sure we can figure something out for the strong guys that won't risk injuries

You can listen to political speeches or news reporters

This is better for the soul

Pump up the volume

Edited by 'Dale

• 3 weeks later...

24-12 with 29 seconds to go

Not supposed to win a final from that situation against the mighty Fijians

Bronco du Preez and his teammates didn’t get the memo

Incredulous

https://youtu.be/bpmg4y0QLKM

Holy sheezniz... How did i miss this!? ????

• 2 weeks later...

since we don't have anything else to watch, let's drill this one to death!

I see he got given a red card by citing comission, he's going to be on the sidelines for a while then!!

I have a huge problem with the laws on this for two reasons:

a)red cards must fall. as mentioned by Nick, 14v15 for the majority of the game kills the contest, have we still learnt nothing since Warburton 2011?!!!  make it 20 or allow a sub back on. do anything because what we currently have is not working.

b)the sanction is on what happens in the end, not on the infringement. There is a HUGE incentive to land on your head, this is perverse but if you can milk it and make it look terrible in slowmo the oke is gone. do we want to get to the point where players start practising on trampolines to do maradona spins in the air and get WWE consultants in to fall nicely but make it look dramatic? obviously not. You will see in the Kwagga incident, that Havili is hit by Kwagga in the air, and is probably going to land on his side, but on the way down #6 crusaders comes in and contact with his shoulder is actually what upends him totally. Kwagga gets red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3eBNJb7y6o

That video link doesn’t work Shebeen. When I click on it, comes us as a video titled Debatable Red Card, so cant be the same incident ?

That video link doesn’t work Shebeen. When I click on it, comes us as a video titled Debatable Red Card, so cant be the same incident ?

funny that. maybe test to see if this youtube link works then.

also debatable red cards that were yellow on the field.

https://youtu.be/D7pYkuQWAs0?t=33