105336373_10223845602428487_500428727642

2 lads born within an hours drive of each other that ruled the 95 world cup

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 lads born within an hours drive of each other that ruled the 95 world cup

Were they born in Zim? Or who am I thinking off...I could swear some prominent rugby player from that era was born in ZIM.

Durban

Thanks. But that still doesn't solve my Zim confusion (No, I'm not thinking of Beast... or maybe I am  :huh: )

Were they born in Zim? Or who am I thinking off...I could swear some prominent rugby player from that era was born in ZIM.

If memory serves George Gregan was born in Zambia. Maybe he's the guy you're thinking of.

Teichmann, Garvey and Skinstad were all born in Zim...

Teichmann, Garvey and Skinstad were all born in Zim...

And Beast! Corne Krige in Zambia if I recall correctly 

Have been expecting to see a flood of retirements during this time, as players at the end of their career must be over training/fitness when there's no matches coming up.

instead we now see the Blues have Beauden AND Carter, wonder who kciks for posts? 

EZlKlBjWsAchBLl.jpg

totally unrelated, let's have a look at Cobus Reinach who has since crossed the channel to France

Definitely not Harry Plummer

excellent video

Very cool to see this as a normal spectator.

I think the actual video analysis sessions these national teams do on each other is VERY DEEP. 

I like these deep dives, and refreshing to see an alternative viewpoint compared to that other Welshman. Makes one wonder how much Rassie & Co know themselves, and then being able to get the players to do it. 

I still think the use of subs was probably the biggest impact made at the RWC. Having the 6-2 split, as opposed to the usual 5-3 split used by most others (Squidge's analysis) meant the forwards were fresh for much longer. 

I like these deep dives, and refreshing to see an alternative viewpoint compared to that other Welshman. Makes one wonder how much Rassie & Co know themselves, and then being able to get the players to do it. 

I still think the use of subs was probably the biggest impact made at the RWC. Having the 6-2 split, as opposed to the usual 5-3 split used by most others (Squidge's analysis) meant the forwards were fresh for much longer. 

And that Freshness accumulated over the whole tournament must have had an effect.

Our one major risk area with the split was not having sufficient cover for Pollard. We were all-in on him playing the full 80mins every key game. But his fitness was up to it and the game plan meant he didn't carry too much of the ball into contact, even though he is a very dangerous runner. He also seemed to only be in die defensive line for the 1st phase and would then drop back to be cover in the back if I remember in this or the previous Squidge video.

All-in, Rassie outsmarted Eddie, which was absolutely glorious to watch.

For those that haven't watched it, go quickly. Seems World Rugby is flexing their muscles and the Squidge video will come down soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDrUMVI7oQM

"I've just spoken to a rep from World Rugby, and am sorry to say last month's video on the Springboks' RWC win shall be coming down in the next day or two. Whilst I'm obviously gutted, this is hopefully temporary and the start of a genuine dialogue between content creators and WR"

edit: not worth it...

Not commenting on the article for which I have zero care for or opinion of... But using a term like "retard" defines your outdated viewpoint

Edited by gemmerbal

Saw on my news feed that World Rugby awarded the 2020 season to the NZ 7s team...

Wish the could have found a way to play out the season, but alas.

post-27827-0-04172900-1594034185_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...