Berge and Dale ride?

Mojoman

Was this the race that went past Maropeng this morning? If so I was amazed at how many riders cannot keep a straight line and rode all over the lane and also there were no signs when turning off the R24 onto the Maropeng road warning you of cyclists on the road. But the wobbly riders amazed me! They would just wobble and swerve into the middle of the lane and not even glance behind them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, it would have been the Berge & Dale riders! Scary stuff happen at the back of the races!

The leading non $ rider came from FL and did a 2:25... Amazingly this rider could barely manage a sub 4 100km ride in the past....

Amazing improvement, or super shortcut?

Edited by HEman

i vote super shortcut - we had 2 guys from FL that magically appeared in our bunch (AL) about 5 kms into the cradle after the intersection where the short route joined us. and the guys were definitely struggling to hold on before they got popped off the back about ten minutes later.

Yip, it would have been the Berge & Dale riders! Scary stuff happen at the back of the races!

The leading non $ rider came from FL and did a 2:25... Amazingly this rider could barely manage a sub 4 100km ride in the past....

Amazing improvement, or super shortcut?

Any one check his water bottle., :blink:

We suddenly had a racing tandem no one knows or saw beating the lead group and doing a 2:18!

Any one check his water bottle., :blink:

Same "supplier" perhaps? :devil:

What really amazed me was the number of riders in the Cradle out for the training ride and not participating in the race.The poor racing guys had to dodge these riders.Why not join the race and support the people who put these races on.You are in the area and doing the same route.Come on guys lets support the races.

What really amazed me was the number of riders in the Cradle out for the training ride and not participating in the race.The poor racing guys had to dodge these riders.Why not join the race and support the people who put these races on.You are in the area and doing the same route.Come on guys lets support the races.

"Poor racing guys"? How about poor guys on their regular training rides being swamped by racing hooligans? I'm sure if they wanted to race they would have done.

"Poor racing guys"? How about poor guys on their regular training rides being swamped by racing hooligans? I'm sure if they wanted to race they would have done.

I train in the cradle quite and if there is a planned event on any of the legs I want to ride, I just make sure I go the opposite direction as the race. Its pretty simple logic, why would I want to get tangled up with a bunch of race groups?

Re the guy who did the 2h25 from FL - I worked out that, based on his pace in other races, he simply skipped the loop past the Rhino & Lion Park and then rejoined the race on Beyers Naude (i.e. instead of going straight at the circle, he swung a right and thereby chopped at least 45 mins off his ride). There were marshalls there - were they blind?

Re the guy who did the 2h25 from FL - I worked out that, based on his pace in other races, he simply skipped the loop past the Rhino & Lion Park and then rejoined the race on Beyers Naude (i.e. instead of going straight at the circle, he swung a right and thereby chopped at least 45 mins off his ride). There were marshalls there - were they blind?

I have it on good rumour that he missed the extra loop as he was busy looking for lost goo sachets. I heard you found them on Sunday. Hopefully you can return them to him. Well done! :clap:

i HOPE YOU DONT RACE CAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE YOU A HOOLIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7 years later...

This thread was started 8 years ago and it's still on Page 1! That's almost slower progress than I'm making with my B&B building work!

I did the B&D a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Of course Krugersdorp hill was a bit of a wake-me-upper.