• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VA's had a bit of a eina crash.

I saw that pileup! 

Hectic stuff!!

I was trying to catch up to the Elite bunch, (on the motorbike), sitting behind the comm car, waiting for a safe time to pass and then just chaos!  Bikes flying all over the road!!  :eek:

• 1 year later...

Not sure if there is a thread for the latest edition which was meant to happen on 19 June.

Got an email earlier saying it is postponed.

Dear Berge & Dale participant,

It is with GREAT sadness that we will once again have to postpone the Berge & Dale 2021 for a later date. With the rise of Covid 19 cases and threats of more restrictions, we have in consultation with officials, various event partners and medical service providers decided to postpone the Berge & Dale to 25 and 26 September 2021. The 22 nd edition of the road race will be staged at Laerskool Protearif on the Saturday 25 September, and the MTB race at Kingskloof on Sunday the 26 September

We sincerely hope that you understand our decision and agree that this is the best alternative to ensure a well staged event for all concerned. An added bonus is that you will enjoy warmer weather in September!

All entries for the road and MTB events will automatically be moved to the later date so there is nothing you have to do. However, if you would rather opt out at this stage, we will respect your wishes and honour a 100% refund of your entry fee paid. Simply email your name, surname and Id number to queries@cycleevents.co.za and request the refund before 11 June 2021. All entries will then automatically be moved to the new date and you will be notified of your entry status.

We wish you a safe winter and many safe training miles ahead. See you in spring! 

Kind regards

Slipstream Events

Sad really...............the masses can hoer and remoer but we can't race.  Saw a couple of videos again of the clubs.............scary stuff.

Guess racing in general will be off the cards again for months to come...........hearing rumours of Level2 lockdown to control the minions and help the police work even less.

Whatever.

That said...........the Cradle in the middle of winter racing...........not a very bright idea in my opinion......thus the September date will attract more participants I think.

I wonder if there is going to be a late call for Gautengs this weekend. I hope we can still do it.

• 2 months later...

This is a difficult mail to send – but it is with great disappointment that we have to cancel Berge & Dale 2021. 

Despite all our best efforts to bring you an epic cycling event in 2021, the reality is that it is simply not feasible to stage a sustainable event when participant numbers are currently so severely limited. 

In addition, there are just too many uncertainties around how new COVID variants will affect South Africa’s lockdown levels in the coming months.

As promised, all entrants will receive a refund. All Online entries will be refunded back onto the card with which you originally paid. If there are any problems we will contact you directly to arrange the refund.
Please allow us at least 10 days in order process and complete all refunds.

We don’t know what the rest of the year will hold, and the past 18 months have taught us that we can’t make any promises. What we can promise you is that we will do our utmost to help bring cycling back to the community when the time is right, and it is safe for mass participation events to return in full force.

Meanwhile, keep on cycling and stay safe and healthy. Let’s work together to bring our events back.

Best wishes,

The Berge & Dale Organising Team

ed464fb4-2a30-49c3-9df3-8ceb0389800d

I got a mail yesterday about a new ride on the calendar. Blue Diamond Classic. Might do that one as it is one weekend before berge en dale was meant to be.

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I got a mail yesterday about a new ride on the calendar. Blue Diamond Classic. Might do that one as it is one weekend before berge en dale was meant to be.

Same organisers (if I remember correctly)

So that might also be a bit of a dilemma.

On a positive not.
14 August.
Rooiwal is back!

24 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Same organisers (if I remember correctly)

So that might also be a bit of a dilemma.

On a positive not.
14 August.
Rooiwal is back!

Lekker man. I think I'll go do the meals on wheels, 2 weeks after rooiwal. Will wait till 99 to decide on the diamond one.

• 5 months later...