Route 69

Jimmyjames

Yeah, I agree.

Was good to see you as usual .

Likewise... how did you enjoy Sat & Sun? Your partner seemed in good spirits and she's a solid rider?

I'm just going to hazard a guess here, but seems to me like they gave everyone riding the mini (Sunday ride) an extra 15 minutes... probably a timing error

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the route good but possibly some sort of seeding needed on the first day. Got caught behind a few slower riders in the first single track which was not pleasant. Also found the route marking in a few areas which could be improved.

Struggled on day 2. Day 1 was fine and Day 3 i had a point to prove!!!

Will i do it again next year? hmmmm will have to think about it.

Just want to say thanks again to my LBS. Summit Cycles - who prepared my bike as if it was a racing machine. Performed without a single glitch.

So what was your time?

A "blazing" 3:30!

Same as last year, but this year was a lot less tar and route was about 4km longer, So I guess I should be pleased.

Thoroughly enjoyed it again though!

Mine was out by 15 before sms #2 as well. Was a bit disappointed there for a while. Whatever happened to the BMW blocking the shower trailer at the start?

Whatever happened to the BMW blocking the shower trailer at the start?

A lot of "manpower" and manouvering and the truck finally managed to reverse in and hook the showers at an angle, so the car wasn't bounced or touched!! :whistling:

I've spoken to the organisers, and the results will be up later today.

There was a new timing system used which has huge potential, but a few teething issues.

Likewise... how did you enjoy Sat & Sun? Your partner seemed in good spirits and she's a solid rider?

I'm just going to hazard a guess here, but seems to me like they gave everyone riding the mini (Sunday ride) an extra 15 minutes... probably a timing error

She was strong, I must say,

Very proud of her :thumbup:

I found the route good but possibly some sort of seeding needed on the first day. Got caught behind a few slower riders in the first single track which was not pleasant. Also found the route marking in a few areas which could be improved.

Struggled on day 2. Day 1 was fine and Day 3 i had a point to prove!!!

Will i do it again next year? hmmmm will have to think about it.

Just want to say thanks again to my LBS. Summit Cycles - who prepared my bike as if it was a racing machine. Performed without a single glitch.

Must be those new wheels :w00t:

You rode like a beast, I must say well done.

Nothing yet :-(

What are you worried about, you know where you ended up :thumbup:

She was strong, I must say,

Very proud of her :thumbup:

What are you worried about, you know where you ended up :thumbup:

Thanks Dangle. You were the most amazing super power partner. :)

Ha. I just got an updated SMS with a better result which is closer to what my onboard measured

I smell a gremlin. Could be why thge delay in getting the results published.

You cant blame me ;p