All things Colnago

StevieL

Interesting that prices are for SRAM spec and not Campagnolo[emoji8

A complete bike with SRAM Red eTap AXS and Vision Trimax 40 carbon wheels will cost £9,499.95.

Just seems wrong but it’s a testament to how good the system must be if Colnago are going this route

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo the Borats (pun) with the G3 on the front as well look less sleek than before. It also looks like there are more spokes in total on both wheels.

Those Sram brifters are just gross ????

...And would be on any bike, I must add. They look like they were inspired by Hector Hammond's forehead.

Edited by Christie

Imo the Borats (pun) with the G3 on the front as well look less sleek than before. It also looks like there are more spokes in total on both wheels.

Those Sram brifters are just gross ????

...And would be on any bike, I must add. They look like they were inspired by Hector Hammond's forehead.

Better?

post-13716-0-27393600-1563438144_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Some may not believe this (my wife) but I bought this bicycle by accident.  Long story but it was looking so forlorn and it was red.  Paint was awful, forks rusted and was sad but rode beautifully despite 2 wobbly rims.  I had no choice

Now several weeks later I have a not overly sought after Colnago super thron from the early 90's (my guesstimate)  The paint work is brand new and perfect thanks to James at Carbon Bicycle repairs.  The Mirage 9 speed shifts effortlessly despite some scuffs and signs of age.  The ambrosio wheels on campy mirage hubs have been respoked and serviced for more than their value.

It's bit small for me at 55 and 55 so it will be for sale.  Probably going to end up on my wall because it cost me 9920 to get it here and I want my money back.

Great starter vintage bike, needs no work but has potential to be even better.  I'm thinking crank, tyres and saddle but I am not spending anymore.

it will be in the classifieds or maybe it's meant to live here......

post-81229-0-88209700-1564144083_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-56865100-1564144119_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-65542700-1564144141_thumb.jpg

Some may not believe this (my wife) but I bought this bicycle by accident.  Long story but it was looking so forlorn and it was red.  Paint was awful, forks rusted and was sad but rode beautifully despite 2 wobbly rims.  I had no choice

Now several weeks later I have a not overly sought after Colnago super thron from the early 90's (my guesstimate)  The paint work is brand new and perfect thanks to James at Carbon Bicycle repairs.  The Mirage 9 speed shifts effortlessly despite some scuffs and signs of age.  The ambrosio wheels on campy mirage hubs have been respoked and serviced for more than their value.

It's bit small for me at 55 and 55 so it will be for sale.  Probably going to end up on my wall because it cost me 9920 to get it here and I want my money back.

Great starter vintage bike, needs no work but has potential to be even better.  I'm thinking crank, tyres and saddle but I am not spending anymore.

it will be in the classifieds or maybe it's meant to live here......

The problem with us Nagoholics is that we sometimes allow our passion to surpass our wallets, we over capitalize on some of our builds, as a collector I don't buy them to resell. So the Thron isn't super collectible, but its a nice steel frame COLNAGO to add to a collection.

I'm not sure what i would do in your situation other than probably throw more money at it to make it immaculate and original. Its a pity the paint job isn't exact as the headset lugs should be chrome as well as the right rear chainstay. I would also strip the RD and refurb back to new condition, if the cranks are Mirage like the rest of the gruppo then strip and polish up as well as the brake calipers. look for and ITM or genuine COLNAGO quill stem and strip and polish the handle bars.

Then i would simply keep the bike, ride it every now and then and hang it in my ManCave. 

The problem with us Nagoholics is that we sometimes allow our passion to surpass our wallets, we over capitalize on some of our builds, as a collector I don't buy them to resell. So the Thron isn't super collectible, but its a nice steel frame COLNAGO to add to a collection.

I'm not sure what i would do in your situation other than probably throw more money at it to make it immaculate and original. Its a pity the paint job isn't exact as the headset lugs should be chrome as well as the right rear chainstay. I would also strip the RD and refurb back to new condition, if the cranks are Mirage like the rest of the gruppo then strip and polish up as well as the brake calipers. look for and ITM or genuine COLNAGO quill stem and strip and polish the handle bars.

Then i would simply keep the bike, ride it every now and then and hang it in my ManCave. 

You know what's weird is that I never really looked at the bike when I bought it so I somehow missed the fact that the chrome has been overpainted until I was polishing the bits this weekend. I have looked the pics I took before shipping it and now see that the chrome wasn't nice but I would still rather have it than having it overpainted.  I am surprised they did this as I have never had anything but brilliant work from the painters.  And they did a much trickier refurb of my Decor.

The gruppo is original Mirage and I have managed to shine up the brakes beautifully as well as FD and RD but not much I can do about some road rash on the cranks and RD black plate

The stem is ITM as are the bars but these won't be changed - they were old ones I had spare. I'm not spending more ......famous last words.  

One day the bike will be worth 9920  :ph34r: Until then it will have to hang on the wall although space is a bit of an issue because my male bike has not had a vasectomy and keeps reproducing.  And that's the trek.  The Pyga is also a bit of a Cassanova and has a few offspring too.  Even my Chopper had a baby