All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the gloss on matt look, very nice, and parts to match. The Italia flash is a good highlight on the post.

Yours?

Weight?

I like the gloss on matt look, very nice, and parts to match. The Italia flash is a good highlight on the post.

Yours?

Weight?

It's stunning, I also like the matt black.

It's my riding partners bike, it weighs in at 6.4kg.

My only niggle is she has fitted Shimano on a Colnago, but that may just be my jealousy rearing its' ugly head  :whistling:

..............My only niggle is she has fitted Shimano on a Colnago, ...............

:eek: On a Mapei Colnago! And a C50! You'll simply have to help him come to his senses, for the sake of the sanity of all the Colnago-Campagnolo-OCD Hubbers, I mean sufferers! Laugh all you like, it is a real affliction and an expensive one to treat ! 

Campy had by far the most elegant design since the launch of Ergopower in 1992. STI's looks improved in 2009, when they got rid of the insect antenna-like cables hanging out of the side of the brifters.

Imo the modern day Campy 12 speed has lost a bit of elegance ito looks with bent in brifters, hole-free crank etc.

Shimano have gained a bit of points on looks in my book, 9100 has a good, edgy industrial-style.

Campy still has margin, with 12 speed and better carbon components but on a modern frame, Shimano does not look out of place to me.

On a vintage bike, Campy all the way.

Edited by Christie