All things Colnago

StevieL

30 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

That is an absolute bargain for a bike in that condition and with that groupset on it. Pure class 🤙

I certainly hope someone snaps it up quickly so it doesn't haunt my dreams this week 😲

yes someone did - i am happy it went to a good home - very much a sentimental sale

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While we have some interest here.

I have a 57ctc Colnago Master Piu (1989-1990 I think) that needs full restoration.

Before I pull the trigger, any 55-56cm Masters looking for a new home?

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

That is an absolute bargain for a bike in that condition and with that groupset on it. Pure class 🤙

I certainly hope someone snaps it up quickly so it doesn't haunt my dreams this week 😲

Bliksem that was quick. So when can we have a Colnago day in WC

32 minutes ago, Jakkals. said:

Bliksem that was quick. So when can we have a Colnago day in WC

Keep an eye on the Vintage whatsapp group, we still need to make another #steelisreal outride happen before winter hits us proper.

Glad to hear is gone to a good home @Paul Ruinaard 👍

2 hours ago, Nakoota said:

As Buff said, value is based on market demand.

I have a C40, full Campag SR 11 speed, original Star Fork and Seatpost etc. to me it is worth no less than R30k (I paid north of R14k just for the frame a few years ago).

If I wanted money quickly, it would go for less, if I was willing to post the add repeatedly and wait for a buyer with my taste in components that wants a C40 with no work to be done, I might get more, in time.

Each seller has to decide what they want, and how quickly they want it.

My experience has been that if I post a Colnago at a reasonably price and wait, the right buyer eventually comes along - even if I have waited for months in some cases.

@madmarc I think you have 2 issues, one is that your frames are 57ctc - if not for this, I probably would have bought 1 or 2 or 3 long ago :)  The second is that the WC edition is just too high for the local market and I think the build kit you have on the other bikes likely works better with it. At that asking price I wouldn't want to have to change a single component, and the price is still high in this case. It is a collectors bike but 40k is also 40k in a very tough economy with interest rates at a peak.

Constructive input - Thanx

So what woudl you change on the WC from the components on the other bikes ?

This is just my personal view but the chorus groupset would be a replacement item for me straight away.

I'd prefer it with the clean record 10 speed groupset you have on the CT1, or I would source an 11 speed Super Record groupset if I wanted neo/retro, wider gear ranges.

The wheels to me don't add much either, old zipps < old Campagnolo wheels.

Can't see if that is an original C40 Colnago seatpost but if it isn't, this will impact value too.

In the current climate, I think you would have more success selling everything seperately. Colnago fans can get their frames and you will open up your potential market for groupsets and wheels to fans of other brands trying to complete builds.

I'd almost kill for that worldchamps frame but risk suicide by wife with this consideration.

*all just my opinion/preference, others might see it differently.

Edited by Nakoota

9 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Constructive input - Thanx

So what woudl you change on the WC from the components on the other bikes ?

What is this WC you speak of?

32 minutes ago, Nakoota said:

This is just my personal view but the chorus groupset would be a replacement item for me straight away.

I'd prefer it with the clean record 10 speed groupset you have on the CT1, or I would source an 11 speed Super Record groupset if I wanted neo/retro, wider gear ranges.

The wheels to me don't add much either, old zipps < old Campagnolo wheels.

Can't see if that is an original C40 Colnago seatpost but if it isn't, this will impact value too.

In the current climate, I think you would have more success selling everything seperately. Colnago fans can get their frames and you will open up your potential market for groupsets and wheels to fans of other brands trying to complete builds.

I'd almost kill for that worldchamps frame but risk suicide by wife with this consideration.

*all just my opinion/preference, others might see it differently.

I hunted high and low for SR 11 speed at the time of the build, could never find one, so i opted for the Chorus deal which is virtually brand new. But i get what you saying.

ZIPP's was the same story - There was no decent Campy wheelset going at the time other than Bora which was another 20K investment had the ZIPP's hanging in the garage, they actully lekka light wheels with Ti spokes, bike rides very naaice with them. 

Seat post is original

Would be sacralidge to change over the CT1 Gruppo, as that build is all original from AVH other than the seat post which broke at the seat clamp and i could only find the Ritchie one.

Never the less, if they dont sell i'll sit and hope for the day we get cycle lanes her ein SA - then we can all hangup our MTB & Gravel bikes and ride road again 😁

1 minute ago, madmarc said:

Never the less, if they dont sell i'll sit and hope for the day we get cycle lanes her ein SA - then we can all hangup our MTB & Gravel bikes and ride road again 😁

In a way we have that, we can go ride Suikerbosrand (the only place my Colnago's visit these days).

1 hour ago, Nakoota said:

In a way we have that, we can go ride Suikerbosrand (the only place my Colnago's visit these days).

Been threatening to do that - But i fear i'll need a triplset first 

4 hours ago, madmarc said:

Been threatening to do that - But i fear i'll need a triplset first 

I have one for you 😀

17 hours ago, Cippo said:

What is this WC you speak of?

World Championship