[Event] Olympic Footwear Gauteng Cross Country Provincial Series #1

Riding in Africa

Event Name: Olympic Footwear Gauteng Cross Country Provincial Series #1
When: 4 March 2012
Where: Thaba trails, Klipriver Drive, Mulbarton,, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The first round of the Gauteng XCO series will be held the 4th March 2012 and will be at Thaba trails.

Sprogs/nippers/Sub jnr/sports classes start at 08.30 Reg closes at 07.30, Entry R50

Ladies Classes start at 09.30, Reg closes at 08.30, Entry R100

Master men/vet/sub-vet start at 10.30 reg closes at 09.30,Entry R100

Elite men/U23/Jnr/youth start at 11.45 reg closes at 10.30, Entry R100

For more information contact

Terence casey 072 224 3536

Wendall bole 082 900 0749

Go to Event Page

If only I could....I would get the maps of the trails onto this site. HOWEER, I am sure I can get it onto our WEB site. The sprogs,nippers and sports cat will be doing laps of 2,5km. It may seem short but it is a tester for these little okes. We have taken out some steep and technical sections which will be found in the main trail.

The main trail is a 4,5km lap. I feel it is awesome and deffinately going to be a hard ride. I would imagine the elite riders will be doing about 22min per lap so it obviously not an easy ride.

We will be doing laps on Saturday 25th from 7am and then again on Saturday the 3rd. The trail will be marked by this Friday so go and have a blast.

OK some more accurate profiles after my laps today, the short loop is very ridable but for sure not boring! The long on the other hand will need some strong legs as there is some hard climbing but you will be rewarded with amazing views, singletrack and downhills (tricky but not dangerous!)

post-271-0-33444000-1330015246.jpg

post-271-0-39159000-1330015273.jpg

This looks like inspiation from SA Cup race in Durbanville??????

Hi Natural Defender, nothing in Durbanville could inspire me, this is a piece of land that is natural and not man made and has been under construction since June last year. Come ride it, you MAY like it

I am seriously considering getting some buddies together and attempting this XCO thing :) How many laps will the seniors and the sub-vets be doing? Will I (sub-vet) still be on course by the time the elite men start. If so, wont that be a pain for the elites that has to pass me? How many lap will the sub-vet ladies do? I think my wife will also be keen