Prof Tim Noakes' U-turn on Carbohydrates

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take this guy with a pinch of salt as far as I am concerned his only interest is in selling more books and getting more appearance money for his talks and interviews.

I take this guy with a pinch of salt as far as I am concerned his only interest is in selling more books and getting more appearance money for his talks and interviews.

And the appearance money all goes towards charities and research, so not really as big a drawcard as you claim, dude.

What's wrong with changing his opinion to go against that which has been held for the past 50 years, having been founded on questionable grounds?

And the appearance money all goes towards charities and research, so not really as big a drawcard as you claim, dude.

Like Lance's livewrong money?

Cute.

ROFL. Yeah. Just like that. http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

I'm just asking, cause, you know, the only people who know what Noakes does with his money are him, his accountant and SARS(maybe).

I'm just asking, cause, you know, the only people who know what Noakes does with his money are him, his accountant and SARS(maybe).

ROFL. Yeah, true dat. Was at a breakfast (30 peeps) and he was a speaker... Told us that his appearance fees & such go towards scientific research and training etc. Not to him. But then, his accountant is the only guy who would know for sure.

People scoffed at him in the 90's when he first said people were drinking to much during races

An interesting and relevent quote regarding one of his books (Water logged - The serious problem of overhydration in endurance sports)

"What do you think the response will be in the running community to this book? What do you hope the response will be?

I think there will be a lot of anger, and the anger will be directed at me because I’m kind of challenging a dogma. People often don’t like changing their ideas......"

http://www.outsideonline.com/blog/outdoor-adventure/tim-noakes-on-the-serious-problem-of-overhydration-in-endurance-sports.html

PS, I wish I had of known all this scoffing was going on. I knew Bruce Fordyce's aunt back then, I could have gotten some inside info to scoff at.

How exactly does one "scoff" at someone?

Oh you speak so much *** its funny hahahahahaha

mocking like that

Just an example, no TNT1's were intended to be hurt in this example

I did the Trans Baviaans this year and stuffed my backpack and checpoint boxes with boiled eggs and wors. It worked perfectly for me. Felt great during and after the race.

To disagree with the good prof is one thing but to immediately question his motives and his morality is real playground nonsense.

If someone doesn't agree with you it does not make them a child molester, granny rapist and roadie.

To disagree with the good prof is one thing but to immediately question his motives and his morality is real playground nonsense.

If someone doesn't agree with you it does not make them a child molester, granny rapist and roadie.

I couldn't agree more!

I did the Trans Baviaans this year and stuffed my backpack and checpoint boxes with boiled eggs and wors. It worked perfectly for me. Felt great during and after the race.

It doesn't matter how you felt, only how you did