kidney stones

My brother in law fell pregant with one of these and gave birth to multiple little buggers, resulting infection turned to Sceptecemia and ended up in ICU for a week and called in his family to say goodbye, not pleasant. I have never had one but I believe going into labour with one of these allows you to push your pain threshold to new heights.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So....

I am grumpy today cause I think I have kidney stones again.... Was supposed to race Nissan series tomorrow but am pulling out. Thought I had a back spasm earlier in the week so went to the physio who said I dont have a lower back spasm though. Feeling worse today so have made the decision not to race and rather see my doc tomorrow. These little suckers are nasty!!

Drink meer bier dan sal jy dit nie kry.

Drink meer bier dan sal jy dit nie kry.

Think the beer is the reason I got them :wacko: Been drinking a fair amount of good beer. Perhaps I should have been drinking Castle Light rather?

just came back from panorama medi clinic casualty ward.kidneystones passed after being on a drip for the last two hours with plenty of no pain juice through the veins.my question:anyone else suffer from these mothers?and if yes what activity preceded.i now know of 4 people(self included) who gave birth to the things after a warm hard ride(well within the next day or two)i have never had previous problems and to me it came out of the blue.any others experiencing anything the same.

as far as i know they are caused by the same stuff that causes gout (uric acid). i used to get gout regularly until the doc said i must citrus soda (or equivalent - i use alka fizz) every day. i haven't had gout since. if i feel any pain starting i just double or triple my dosage. (sorry for the slight hijack). i assume this would work for kidney stones as well. and yes water, water and more water. beer and wine is bad - but who can give that up?

Don't know what is wrong with you guys, I never drink water unless training, then only around 150-200 ml for a three hour race. Have never had one of these ever.

Just hope I do not get one now since I have spoken about it.

Don't know what is wrong with you guys, I never drink water unless training, then only around 150-200 ml for a three hour race. Have never had one of these ever.

Just hope I do not get one now since I have spoken about it.

you're obviously tougher than the rest of us...

Heard somewhere that if you eat alot of cheese, these buggers show-up ;-)

Edited by Reg Lizard

I wish this was true for my dad's sake.

He consumes a beer on a regular basis and about 3 years ago was the 1st time I saw him in tears!

He suffered for about 6 days (going to the garden to try a weee - as he didnt want to wake the house) until he had to go to the hospital for them to assist. Shame pore man.

I pee in the garden irrespective of kidney stones or good health.

I pee in the garden irrespective of kidney stones or good health.

Me too. I Just make sure not to do it in the same spot too often. Kills grass and smells.

Heard somewhere that if you eat alot of cheese, these buggers show-up ;-)

Must be it then, I do not eat cheese, or at least not more than I drink water.

So... It's confirmed. I got stones. Had a ct scan this morning. Good news is that it wasn't caused by my beer drinking habits!!! Yippee.....

Caused by not drinking enough on the bike at my last race (had 2.5 bottles for a 160km race) and then didn't rehydrate myself properly after.

Learnt some rad things today though - like peanuts increase incidence of stones.

Guest Kalahari ou

I had one a few years back... en route to my sisters wedding... dit was *** seer!!!

I heard of a SA remedy used by old folks is the tea made from mealie hair gets rid of stones it worked for my old man who was scheduled for opp. :thumbup:

Have a beer on a regular basis...prevents kidney stones for some reason

That's what the doc said when he discharged me - beer. or anything - water, coffee, wine.

After an event, I now drink till I pee (doctors orders) and I never had the issue again.

Highjack! Had a pain now and again in early hours of the morning and thought it was indigestion untill one morning it literally knocked me to my knees with pain and thought crap this is bad cause it was high up in my chest. Turned out it was gaulstones and they had to remove my gaulbladder as the stones cannot pass and they cannot be lazer treated. Was flippen sore and no cycling for 6 weeks after surgery...but i cycled within 2 weeks