Zevenwacht DH rebuild

Carlospicyweiner

Hey guys am I just abit slow or something coz I was riding up the main farm road of Zevenwacht and spotted the start of the track , I got so excited some a DH track a km away from hme ... Is this old news that they are rebuilding or what ?

Heard people saying that they are going to rebuild it and use it for a provincial, don't know for sure though.

Zevenwacht has many hidden gems...I also live a few km's away and it is nice for a quickie MTB ride...

We had our own unauthorised "downhill" races at Zevenwacht growing up in the mid nineties. No suspension, no disc brakes, no helmets (not much to protect when you're 15 years old!). The one guy had a "Marvel" with click shifters and 18 gears - the rest of us were on Nishiki's (think that was the name) and various other Dion specials.

Don't think i'd be able to go faster today with 30 gears and full suspension. Then again, 3 of us ended up at the doctors for stitches or a fractured elbow in my case. Of course sworn to silence because we werent supposed to be there in the first place!

Good times!

The wp dh series had a race there every year up to about 5 or 6 years ago. The original track was about 4 mins long, a total lungbuster! There was also a 4x track . Hopefully the track will be back on the calendar this year.

zevenwacht hosts a couple of xc provinscial events, they might be building a DH trail but they dont allow people to ride the trails, its only for official events normally.