Cape Epic Stage 4: 103km, 2 600m climbing

Tumbleweed

Agree 100% they are in another league completely, I am a huge 360Life fan, but to be frank, even if they did not have any mechanical issues, I do not think that the status quo would be any different. Their ability and talent is not in question, Burry is just a bit windgat lately.

I must admit, before the start of the race, my money was on Burry (but heart was with KE/DG). I think Burry is top class - world class in fact.

But the statements that 36one are in a 'completely different league' is a bit harsh I think? 13 seconds difference on the prologue, 2 seconds on stage 2 and 1 second on stage 3? Doesn't strike me as worlds apart?

G

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@AbsaCapeEpic: Local wall art supporting the #absacapeepic

that bike is GO GO GO going no where without a chain

Yesterday

@garyperkin

Here you go folks @kleinhansmuesli at 1/30, f29, 80km/h from helicopter

post-4329-0-54779600-1333001667.jpg

Maybe DG should adopt this strategy... cant' get a puncture if you don't ride on the ground.

I must admit, before the start of the race, my money was on Burry (but heart was with KE/DG). I think Burry is top class - world class in fact.

But the statements that 36one are in a 'completely different league' is a bit harsh I think? 13 seconds difference on the prologue, 2 seconds on stage 2 and 1 second on stage 3? Doesn't strike me as worlds apart?

G

Nice post.

Back to the racing...

All those commenting on Burry.

Judge the poor oke without knowing all the facts.

Let me say this and please hop on my milky titty shoulders if y'all feel to do so.

I like Kevin and support him and George all the way, I admire their athletic ability and rate them as great athletes, but they are way out of their league against Songo at this stage of their careers, this is not to say they can't improve.

Agree!

As far as I'm concerned, Burry commented on why they didn't give "the other 36 -something" :whistling: team the stage win. He replied that they gave stage win away last year and regretted it. They didn't give 360Life the win because they didn't do the work upfront to earn the win......

Burry is a young oke who has accomplished a lot but has always been humble as far as I'm concerned...... Just have a look at the way most Hubbers react and overreact on here! Give the guy a break!

Please excuse my igorance, but why is there a problem with wheel sucking, not taking the lead, stopping at a water point cause everyone else does? It is a race and each team is riding there own race and has there own tactics.

G

The scoreboard says so, not us

Maybe DG should adopt this strategy... cant' get a puncture if you don't ride on the ground.

And that is why Mr Perkin is such a class act. :clap:

Nice post.

Back to the racing...

No Nathrix, please dont.

When a moderator continuously post tongue-in-cheek remarks and I retaliate with some remarks, don't go edit my posts. If you want to dish out sarcasm make sure you can take some back!

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©