Steel 29'er

Cactus

Thinking about a steel frame 29'er hardtail. I want to build with top-end components so I'm looking for a quality frame. I've seen a couple but they're all designed for singlespeed setup.

Who manufactures high quality steel frame 29'ers these days? What would you buy?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Ritchey P-29er if you are able to get your hands on one. Ride it ss or geared and you will ride something designed by the legend himself which will also become highly collectable if not already.

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

Thinking about a steel frame 29'er hardtail. I want to build with top-end components so I'm looking for a quality frame. I've seen a couple but they're all designed for singlespeed setup.

Who manufactures high quality steel frame 29'ers these days? What would you buy?

Chat to Dangle a.k.a HairySack..... he knows about 29er's and roll's a super hotttttt Ritchey

I've heard a lot about the On-One Inbred's... and they are affordable:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO29VD/on_one_inbred_29er_vertical_dropout

I also know that Ragley has a a nice option as below although it's Ti:

http://www.ragleybikes.com/our-frames/td-1/

And then one day, one day (after I get my S-works 29er) I will start saving for a Lynskey. Price is hectic, but it's awesome....

On-one Inbred is a great ride. The frame is also exceptional value.

Are you in CT? If so you are welcome to give mine a spin.

On-one Inbred is a great ride. The frame is also exceptional value.

Are you in CT? If so you are welcome to give mine a spin.

Thanks very much for the offer but unfortunately I'm in Jozi . Who supplies them locally? or did you buy yours online?

All of the above are great bikes - I have the Niner MCR and love it.

I would add Cotic - fine looking and performing machines!

As per Eldron, Cotic Solaris/Soul should definitely be on your list. www.cotic.co.za. You're assured of brilliant service too and they're up the road in Centurion, so you can actually go have a look and more than likely get a test ride in. Speak to Matt.

When Dangle aka hairysack is done with his 2 day ban, ask him for some pics and info on his Ritchey .

its a fantastic bike.