[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #1 Tyger Valley

Tim_Fair

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I kind of overslept for the race. What a poefter!! How was it?

the race was good today, I did the 70 or 65 odd that my computer read at the end, was a bit bumed though, I never got a goodie bag :unsure: what made it worse was I really needed the bottle, forgot my 2 in the fridge at home :oops: I would have thought they know how many entrants there are (online entries only?) so would have packed enough goodie bags.

other then that the race was really good, marshal's were top notch and people manning the water point were super friendly so big up to you guys :thumbup: the route was also allot better then last years not half the congestion, so well done Tim to a really good route, hopefully now with a 2:50 something I can move up a batch or two from E batch and possibly knock a few more minutes off that time.

How ever the route did feel faster this year, maybe someone who did it last year can also comment?

Great race - too bad it saw a poor performance from me.

great organisation, marking etc....loved the drop section before the house.

Thanx to all involved.

Great race - too bad it saw a poor performance from me.

great organisation, marking etc....loved the drop section before the house.

Thanx to all involved.

i see they made that section a little easier this year, I dont remember the sand bags last year making the steps a little less hectic (maybe I just dont remember them) although i'm sure they must have been shredded after the 70km field and most of the 40km guys had gone through

Oh, and it was flippin' chilly!

Nothing on last year dude. Today was tropical compared to last year.

I pretty much wore every bit of winter gear last year, today ...not even arm warmers.

The 20 was very nice. It had a few short moments that reminded me of the river at Van Gaalens. The marking and marshaling was excellent, the venue was good. I would recommend it to others - much better than the goody bag ;-)

Agree on all accounts, the 20km was very existant unlike my goodie bag hahaha.

As last year's series ended, this one carried on the great form.

Perfect route marking., Marshals were top notch..not just effective but friendly too .

I had a great day out there.

Preferred the half marathon route to last years too, just seemed to flow better.

Distance was also about 5km more then what i recorded last year, and I bettered my time on my SingleSpeed :clap: so I'm quite chuffed.

( just hope the later start for the half marathon's doesn't carry through, but hey, if it does so be it)

looking forward to the next one :thumbup:

Did the "70"

As a roadie I really enjoyed the race. Started in F. 2:35

So all happy my side.

A lot of the routes were from our regular training loop at Rosemary hill so it was familiar...

Litlle spider girl played her heart out on on all the Jumping castles.

Marshals were good. Route well marked.

All in all a good day!

Yes.. Enjoyed it. I was happy to be on my 26er today with all those sharp little turns. This race marks my 1 year return to cycling after well...a extended break since primary school.( I am 28 years old).loved it! Did 40km last year..2:35 and did the 65km this year 2:48.. So i am happy!!!! Hopefully sani2c and this race can bump me up a little higher than E batch....

Yes.. Enjoyed it. I was happy to be on my 26er today with all those sharp little turns. This race marks my 1 year return to cycling after well...a extended break since primary school.( I am 28 years old).loved it! Did 40km last year..2:35 and did the 65km this year 2:48.. So i am happy!!!! Hopefully sani2c and this race can bump me up a little higher than E batch....

Congrats Tim!! This 40km Haezeldean was the best one I've done in the last 3 years. The marshals, route markers, route itself, congestion or rather lack thereof :-) was great! Absolutely fantastic compared to the congestion from previous years - well planned!!! I quite enjoyed the later 9am start. Not as cold as last year :-). Being sick the last 2 weeks didn't result in the best race for me, but I really enjoyed the route. Hope the rest of the series brings more of the same. Looking forward to Cullinan - already entered.

Great race, everything was top notch. Sending us 40km off later was a good idea, hardly any congestion and i was in G batch. Not sure if it will be good for places like Van Gaalens in summer, but i guess each venue will be different depending on how we can all finish. Think they time between race starts can be shortened to try avoid us frying in summer.

Big up to the organisers and Tim for a great day

We picked up a camera at the event today. Please PM if you lost a camera or know of somebody that did.

when and where will results and photo's be available?