[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

Can someone explain how the seeding works, is it just random or is there some sort of order.

For Trailseeker 1 I was put In group H, I was then put in Group G for number Trailseeker 2. I finished both races in just under 2h:30m. I missed race 3 and now I'm in Group i for Trailseeker 4. What confuses me is I did the second race with some friends who also missed the third race and who were seeded later than I was, I got a much better time than then, but now they're seeded in an earlier group than I am?

I explained earlier in this thread that the batch sizes are much smaller to try and avoid bottle necks. van gaalens is very technical. Batch sizes at the other events were 200 it is now 70-80 per batch.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain how the seeding works, is it just random or is there some sort of order.

For Trailseeker 1 I was put In group H, I was then put in Group G for number Trailseeker 2. I finished both races in just under 2h:30m. I missed race 3 and now I'm in Group i for Trailseeker 4. What confuses me is I did the second race with some friends who also missed the third race and who were seeded later than I was, I got a much better time than then, but now they're seeded in an earlier group than I am?

you need to check your seeding on saseeding.co.za. then there is an explanation in this thread how the batches are worked out using the seeding values. bear in mind that the batches are much smaller for this event, so its highly likely you will drop a group or 2

Back to the best road to take. Im going to do the following after having checked the road race route map.

Ill take the magalies highway upto pelindaba.

Right at the bridge. Left a stop sign.

Go through schoemansville.

Across the dam wall.

Left at the 4 way stop

Continue on this road until I reach van gaalens

There is a stretch where you are going to be on the same road as the race. But thats my take on another good route

Edited by Meentb

There is a stretch where you are going to be on the same road as the race. But thats my take on another good route

unfortunately that stretch is the only way to get to VG..

i would stay away from the dam wall, its only 1 way traffic and with all other roads in the area busy you might get stuck

Me again....please call me on 0826357284 for an entry into 40 or 70km race.

Thanks dudes

Howzit All,

Firstly I have to humbly apologize for the MAJOR multiple emails you received today. I tried to resolve the issue as quickly as I could but by the time it was resolved alll the mails have already been sent out to the mail server in the states. Im really really very sorry for that.

Then I just want to clarify regarding the seedings and batchings. Yes, batch sizes have been reduced from 200 down to 70 per batch. Main reaosns being the technical route at van Gaalens. We want to try and eliminate bottlenecks as much as possible. So it is totally possible for you to move from ex. B batch to E batch or even from A to D.

Batches according to Seedings is attached. I hope this helps.

Distance Batch Size Start Index End Index

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon A 70 0 29

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon B 70 29 35

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon C 70 35 39

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon D 70 39 44

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon E 70 44 48

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon F 70 48 53

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon G 70 53 60

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon H 70 61 100

Nissan Trailseeker Marathon I 53 100 100

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon A 80 0 42

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon B 80 42 48

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon C 80 48 52

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon D 100 52 56

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon E 100 56 59

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon F 100 59 64

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon G 100 64 70

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon H 100 70 100

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon I 100 100 100

Nissan Trailseeker Half Marathon J 18 100 108

Nissan Trailseeker Fun Race 20km A 85 0 56

Nissan Trailseeker Fun Race 20km B 85 56 63

Nissan Trailseeker Fun Race 20km C 85 63 74

Nissan Trailseeker Fun Race 20km D 85 74 100

Nissan Trailseeker Fun Race 20km E 85 100 100

Nissan Trailseeker Fun Race 20km F 33 100 104

Nissan Trailseeker Fun Ride 10km A 106 0 100

Can i sort my batch group before the race? my index is 34,92 and i got G groupeek.gif

Thank you

Ivica

unfortunately that stretch is the only way to get to VG..

i would stay away from the dam wall, its only 1 way traffic and with all other roads in the area busy you might get stuck

Oh shucks yes. Then ill just go the n4 route as mentioned earlier

Soooo disappointed, cant make it due to last minute kids stuff.

If anyone wants to do the 70km race, R150, give me a buzz, 0828858416 or PM.

Edited by Li Mu Bai

In group I..........cursing.gif cursing.gif cursing.gif

approx: 750 hundred odd bikes ahead of me, going to be a day of passing and bottlenecks knowing most of the route......

van Gaalens Durbanville Hills Race the Rhino 2012 50km Rained, mud, mud, mud and more mud, did a 2:35ish (after hitting the wall at approx 38km)

Doing a rain dance on Friday night................. people get scared, Saseeding time going for a ball of #@%$& with this race. propbably better to bail (DNF) than get a bad result!

Seeding is ***! first Nissan Trailseeker, no too keen to enter more after this experience, thus far. See after sat.

drool.gif drool.gif drool.gifeek.gif blush.pngdevil.gif Grumpy!

Anybody not able to race?? Any entry 40 or 70km PUHLEAASSE!

Thanks

Have an 70km entry available, but unable to ride !!

Steven

In group I..........cursing.gif cursing.gif cursing.gif

approx: 750 hundred odd bikes ahead of me, going to be a day of passing and bottlenecks knowing most of the route......

van Gaalens Durbanville Hills Race the Rhino 2012 50km Rained, mud, mud, mud and more mud, did a 2:35ish (after hitting the wall at approx 38km)

stop bitching like a little girl and enjoy the race, do you expect to be in group a in you first race in the series?? Shave your legs and get a road bike

Doing a rain dance on Friday night................. people get scared, Saseeding time going for a ball of #@%$& with this race. propbably better to bail (DNF) than get a bad result!

Seeding is ***! first Nissan Trailseeker, no too keen to enter more after this experience, thus far. See after sat.

drool.gif drool.gif drool.gifeek.gif blush.pngdevil.gif Grumpy!