Interesting pics

steve

Yup on MTB tandems. Commondale's new road tandem has disks but you need a special Carbon Fibre front fork that can handle the stresses of a disk brake setup.

The parachute option will be better for them.

I am the heavy (dikke) in our tandem setup. We use Shimano LX v-brakes with pulley brake attenuators sic) on our road tandem. It is sufficient.
Big H2008-01-06 07:49:15

While in RSA with the road tandem almost never. Road bikes seldom uses brakes if you know what you are doing.

On the MTB tandem we have here in Nigeria...... used mostly as a road bike..... we are still on the original pair of disk pads.

Guest colonel

Wonder what speed they will klap going down the face of Ou Kaapse?

I want to know if they will make the right hand bend at the bottom!!!

think you guys are being nasty..at least they are trying to do something about their weight and health...jeesh I have a lot of respect for these guys...more than I can say for most of the people who just take their health for granted.

Well said! and if the rest of you look carefully you'll see there's rather a lot of muscle on them. I took the pic at the 94.7 in 2005 and they were nowhere near the back of the field.

I posted the pic because it is an interesting pic ............... not for everyone to insult them or take the piss out of them.

C'mon, be nice ...............!!!!
steve2008-01-06 08:13:15

They got my respect ! If only I can get my other big friends to get onto a bike . Will use this photo to show them it can be done .

awe c'mon guys lighten up...no one called fat bastards or anything like that... even they would see the humor in these posts..

Ok I want to hear all the accolades of respect as well!!!!!!

20080106_130655_436_3615.jpg

Ek het net so idee sy sal jou soort dalk laaik!!!!!!!!

These guys in the photos R the very reason that motivated me to get off my lazy a@@ and start cycling. I was modified 10 years ago with a titanium lower backOuch(Don't try to stop a runaway truck) and gave up on myself. Last year I watched the Argus and that changed me(Don't know if it's good or bad, on my 4th bike in 3 months). Yes it is a SCOTT ELITE and my next 1 will be a SPECIALIZEDThumbs%20Up (after the Argus Tour). Respect 2 the guys in the photosClap(my kind of heros), anyway, I am off 2 get me an MTB now.