Triathlon wetsuite for a beginner

M Hickley

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At your friendly LBS ... well not that Local for you ;) we stock 2XU and they have great tri-wetsuits ... chat to me again in the week.

Hoop jy geniet jou titanium bike?

Where can I buy a good triathlon wetsuite in the Cape town area?

Contact Terry from Xterra. He will arrange a fitting or a swim for you (if you are in town). Other options include Sportmans Warehouse (Orca), www.fluidlines.co.za (Orca) and www.capemulti.co.za (various).

From his website: Terry Gillespie can be contacted on XXXXXXXXX or terry@xterrawetsuits.co.za for pricing and ordering details.

Cool. @Tankman, ek hoop die weer laat my môre toe om die Ti bietjie uit te vat.

Edited by M Hickley

Also try Coral the guys who make the custom stuff and agree Terry will always help, my Xterra wetsuit is a great product.

Find that it really creates neutral bouyancy and with the typical triathlete disease of lazy kicking it helps.

Xterra Wetsuits are the way to go. Support is the best you will find in South Africa.

You wont regret it.

Xterra Wetsuits are the way to go. Support is the best you will find in South Africa.

You wont regret it.

+1 for Terry and Xterra

I bought an orca wetsuit from the company in somerset west. Don't know if they are still there but google them.

I have a quick question about wetsuits. I know wetsuits aren't made for chlorine so swimming at the gym isn't a good idea. But i need to start training with one as I've never used it before and would like to try in a pool before going open water. How bad is it for the wetsuit if I was to use it in a school pool and make sure I rinse it down properly afterwards? Any advice on wetsuits cleaning?

I bought an orca wetsuit from the company in somerset west. Don't know if they are still there but google them.

I have a quick question about wetsuits. I know wetsuits aren't made for chlorine so swimming at the gym isn't a good idea. But i need to start training with one as I've never used it before and would like to try in a pool before going open water. How bad is it for the wetsuit if I was to use it in a school pool and make sure I rinse it down properly afterwards? Any advice on wetsuits cleaning?

If it is the company next to the N2, close to the Virgin Active gym, they are called Fluidlines. Check www.fluidlines.co.za

The pool at the gym "eats" through my trishorts in less than a season (7/8 months). SO I won't take my wetsuit close to chlorinated water!

Edited by gadget

@Gadget - if you're going to take it to the pool a couple of times it won't be a problem.

Just rinse it properly with fresh water once you're done and let it dry lying flat, out of the sun (I put it on towels on a bed for a day or so)

Also try Coral the guys who make the custom stuff and agree Terry will always help, my Xterra wetsuit is a great product.

Find that it really creates neutral bouyancy and with the typical triathlete disease of lazy kicking it helps.

Coral is good value for money and they give you a custom fit for your unique physique :D .

They are quick as well, they deliver within two weeks of order.

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'm going to go with Terry. He phoned me and he seems very helpful :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...