Flu shot- good or bad idea?

Lukep

Hi

I am thinking about having a flu shot to prevent getting the flu,

What is the general consenus on the Flu shot is it worth while or are there better ways to prevent getting sick?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had mine yesterday. Maybe bad timing, after long weekend of riding and the mrs also being ill. But what the heck, done and now I pop the vit's for a day or two to try and prevent that I fall victim.

Boet, Gordon has had amazing results with beriglobin shots. If its for Sani, which I think it is... go to your doc today, explain why you need it, take script to dischem and let the nurse sommer give you the shot there and then....Not cheap(400-500 odd bucks) but it works very well for a couple of months. Gords was very prone to flu's and colds and since his first shot(about 2months ago) he has been strong through all the coldspells we had.

my 2c

I started taking them about 15 years ago, and I haven't had flu ever since....before that got it every year...

Apparently gotta have it in Autumn and for a week after you should be extra careful of picking up something from snotty kids, or someone coughing on you, etc. Was advised that for the week or so after the shott your immune system is working overtime in dealing with the flu shot so you become more exposed to other infections. Sounds logical, dunno.

I wouldn't touch a flu shot but that is just me.

Intagram injections (the generic of beriglobin) aren't the miracle cure to everything. You need to find other ways to boost your immune system. If you are stressed, run down, training hard, you will pick up something regardless of the injection.

+100 to all affirmative posts above. Obviously you also need to follow the other sensible options too --> the shot only covers the major strings, and there is the risk of a mutation later in the season.

Get it as soon as possible, continue with vit C and Bob's your auntie's husband.

Had mine yesterday and still feeling fine. Painless, unlike the bloody neurobiam (spelling??) I take when feeling a bit down.

I used to get a bad cold or flu twice a year. Then i started getting the flu shot and not been sick since.

It is worth it, far more worthwhile than all these faddy supplements and other rubbish. It is one shot, takes about 5 mins, is not painful and far more legitimate research has gone into that flu shot than all the faddy supplements on the market.

You cannot "boost" your immune system. The immune system that you have, is the immune system that you have. You can support it, you cannot boost it.

I dont take supplements of any sort, not even a multi vit. Never been sick since i started getting the flu shot and i had mine for this year just last week.

And at R70 odd, it is cheaper than most of the supplements around too.

I caved in and received my first flu jab today.

Decided to give it a bash and will see what happens...

:S

I caved in and received my first flu jab today.

Decided to give it a bash and will see what happens...

:S

It is a dead virus, your body will fight it for a week and it will weaken your immune system slightly. Try not to over train or over work and try your best to avoid sick people till your immune system is 100%

BTW, I loved your comment on the other thread about the naked chicks at the gym. Wish I was there :drool: