lego

Wayne Potgieter

Finished it...There's something not quite right with the instructions, though. There seems to be something missing...will have another look at it tonight. 

It also rates as one of the flimsiest and finicky sets I've come across.

attachicon.gifCIPPxzNWoAAI7bb.jpg

Am in Durbs this weekend. Any good toy shop suggestions to look for Lego?

if it were 25 years ago I'd have suggested the old double story Reggies in central Durban (think it was Musgrave road?) 

That place was without a doubt the single best place for any sort of toy. 

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it were 25 years ago I'd have suggested the old double story Reggies in central Durban (think it was Musgrave road?) 

That place was without a doubt the single best place for any sort of toy. 

Shot, bud. I miss the big stores like that. Off-topic...a couple of weeks ago, I saw a mortar board at an antiques fair. It had the name of an outfitter - will add the name later when I get home - in Durbs. I asked my mate Wendy if she knew of it. She told me it was, years ago, the place everyone went to get school clothing, etc, but is long gone. Those were the days of proper shopping!   

Shot, bud. I miss the big stores like that. Off-topic...a couple of weeks ago, I saw a mortar board at an antiques fair. It had the name of an outfitter - will add the name later when I get home - in Durbs. I asked my mate Wendy if she knew of it. She told me it was, years ago, the place everyone went to get school clothing, etc, but is long gone. Those were the days of proper shopping!   

Wasn't Gem clothing, by any chance?

"Something" Brothers, I think. 

Of the modern outfitters, I must admit a liking of Holmes Bros stuff...

Burger Brothers? Was big in Joburg in the 80's...

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/lego-ferrari-f40-picture-gallery-2015-06-26

If you’re a fan of cars, there’s every chance you enjoy a bit of Lego, too. Both indulge the inner geek like little else.

So, proud geeks of the world, meet the Lego Ferrari F40. A real, authentic one, made by Lego itself and licenced by Ferrari.

It’ll be on sale soon as a £69.99 kit. A lot for a toy, perhaps, but a mere one 12,000th of what you can expect to pay for a real, full-size, decently maintained F40 nowadays. Really.

The set comprises 1,158 pieces, some bespoke to this kit alone to ensure the best F40 likeness possible, the windscreen shape and wheel design particular highlights.

And the attention to detail is simply superb: just look at the pop-up headlights, NACA ducts and the trio of exhausts at the rear.

The latter come attached to a small-scale twin-turbo V8 engine. And while it doesn’t crank out any actual horsepowers (never mind 478 of them, like the real F40), it can be viewed via a bonnet stay or removed altogether without deconstruction for closer inspection.

It goes on sale in August, and we imagine you’ll have to be rather swift if you want to get hold of one. We’ll see you in the queue.

My boys gave me an extra Father Day's gift that arrived late...pretty cool set. Haven't built Technic for a while... :clap:

attachicon.gifCJI3oq-WcAAekkV.jpg  

I just finished building that one last night along with the new skidsteer. awesome bulldozer. You will enjoy building it. My construction sets are growing. Although my bank balance is shrinking at a much more alarming rate. :)

I just finished building that one last night along with the new skidsteer. awesome bulldozer. You will enjoy building it. My construction sets are growing. Although my bank balance is shrinking at a much more alarming rate. :)

I know what you mean about the bank balance...I got a message over the weekend from Pop's Toys to say my orders had arrived... :eek:    

I can remember having this:

http://img2.toysperiod.com/img/cache/70/800x600/d4e4o5g414p4n5x5m444v2p2e4p2q2w214i4w5d41433v234t20314x2.jpg

EDIT: And these...and a ton more..

Funny, I still have these sets.

Checked out ebay last night and new sealed in box sets of the 80's Castle series went for up to R13k for the Castle and R6k for the Blcksmith set.

Guess I am holding on to my Castle sets.

Edited by CCD

Some of my sets from my younger days.

Still have all of them and in their original boxes.

post-10834-0-01065200-1436175786_thumb.jpg

post-10834-0-90852200-1436175842_thumb.jpg

post-10834-0-94325700-1436175850_thumb.jpg

post-10834-0-48671300-1436175870_thumb.jpg

post-10834-0-45461900-1436175943_thumb.jpg

post-10834-0-30803700-1436175966_thumb.jpg

Then bought this one for my son last year. Still sealed in the box.

Bit risky giving this to a 3 year old so will be put away untill he is old enough to build this.

post-10834-0-73865500-1436176081_thumb.jpg

Some of my sets from my younger days.

Still have all of them and in their original boxes.

attachicon.gifCastle series 1.jpg

attachicon.gifFC.jpg

attachicon.gifFire truck.jpg

attachicon.gifmain bs.jpg

attachicon.gifmainVADDWKYP.jpg

attachicon.gifShell.jpg

Then bought this one for my son last year. Still sealed in the box.

Bit risky giving this to a 3 year old so will be put away untill he is old enough to build this.

attachicon.giflego_technic_42004_mini_baggerlader.jpg

that digger loader is very cool. part of my construction collection that is growing year by year. got about 20 items now. LEGO rocks!!

that digger loader is very cool. part of my construction collection that is growing year by year. got about 20 items now. LEGO rocks!!

Where are the pictures?!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbup:

Built the prezzie from the boys last night. Hadn't put a Technic set together for a while...it's cool when you get reacquainted with a "building style" after not having done it for a while.

post-1604-0-45752400-1436244419_thumb.jpg