lego

Wayne Potgieter

I am glad it comes with that little greenish door stop looking thing. I have an orange one. Lifesaver!!!!!

That thing is a crutch, real Lego people suffer their way through getting plates apart haha

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teeth and nails?

Many a nail was irreparably damaged when i was younger trying to get the damn things apart haha.

That tool wasn't available in my day, i don't even own one as i have never seen the point of buying one. And have never got a set with it included. 

Will probably change as the laaitie gets older and he graduates from Duplo to Normal Lego

Edited by Jase619

Many a nail was irreparably damaged when i was younger trying to get the damn things apart haha.

That tool wasn't available in my day, i don't even own one as i have never seen the point of buying one. And have never got a set with it included. 

Will probably change as the laaitie gets older and he graduates from Duplo to Normal Lego

I got one with one of the sets we bought. I can't remember which set. It works really well on the smaller pieces as well as wheel shafts etc that need to be pushed out. My lighties' default is still to use their teeth though and I have showed them numerous times how to use it.

• 4 weeks later...

I got one with one of the sets we bought. I can't remember which set. It works really well on the smaller pieces as well as wheel shafts etc that need to be pushed out. My lighties' default is still to use their teeth though and I have showed them numerous times how to use it.

Finally got my first one with the Friends set my wife bought for me, was almost as exciting as getting the set haha

post-97525-0-60345500-1617884842_thumb.jpeg

Finally got this set after months of waiting for stock or just missing a drop.

Started building last night, got through 2 of the 6 bags so far and it is taking time, but also enjoyable and very detailed.

It's my first Lego Ideas set but I must say it is well worth the price. Looking at the Winnie the Pooh set next.

Not sure if this belongs here or in the “What TV shows are you watching thread?”. Started watching this after my girls discovered the show.

Edited by Frosty

Not sure if this belongs here or in the “What TV shows are you watching thread?”. Started watching this after my girls discovered the show.

I really enjoyed it. Will Arnett is a funny guy.

• 1 month later...

SCORE!!!!!!! The wife walked into Makro and on their bargain table there was this. Marked down to R399 and we get a 15% discount. It is a box of just random pieces but there are some pieces that we really do need.......

The twins' 3rd birthday is this weekend and they getting some other smaller boxes of lego and the oldest is getting a box of minion lego as well. Not sure when we will give them this box but at the moment it is stashed. They have a holiday next month, might be a good time then.

0a0c849d-06bb-4dc6-afcd-462b43a64a10.jpg.78d1331f97c4562bce8f8e4ed56b07ef.jpg

17 hours ago, Tim Brink said:

194174480_10158270652976545_4601864197096473619_n.jpg.ad735300fe4cb9bc7a5e11958aecf297.jpg

I was at the lego zone at our local toyzone on Friday(They have like a separate room in the shop that has all the lego in, it's awesome) and they had those sheet things. A few different sizes, flip they pricey compared to say a lego set of sorts but I will definitely get some at some stage. I have seen someone take a plastic table and stick the sheets to it. Looked cool but not practical imho. I see you have lekker ones with roads and mountain looking things on. The ones I saw were just plain.

On 6/9/2021 at 7:28 AM, Long Wheel Base said:

I was at the lego zone at our local toyzone on Friday(They have like a separate room in the shop that has all the lego in, it's awesome) and they had those sheet things. A few different sizes, flip they pricey compared to say a lego set of sorts but I will definitely get some at some stage. I have seen someone take a plastic table and stick the sheets to it. Looked cool but not practical imho. I see you have lekker ones with roads and mountain looking things on. The ones I saw were just plain.

My daughter has 3 or 4 of the plain base plates in different colours. She loves them and uses them to do her own builds. She's really into building houses and shops etc (she announced the other day she wants to be an architect) so it's well suited to that.

During hard lockdown I made this, a Lego snakes and ladders type game. The kids loved it and and they spent hours playing:

20200614_194005.jpg

Just now, Stoffel76 said:

My daughter has 3 or 4 of the plain base plates in different colours. She loves them and uses them to do her own builds. She's really into building houses and shops etc (she announced the other day she wants to be an architect) so it's well suited to that.

During hard lockdown I made this, a Lego snakes and ladders type game. The kids loved it and and they spent hours playing:

20200614_194005.jpg

To say that is AWESOME is an understatement. You have a decent selection there. I/we have some of those pieces but not all. We have the hammerhead shark, still want to get the great white like yours.

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

To say that is AWESOME is an understatement. You have a decent selection there. I/we have some of those pieces but not all. We have the hammerhead shark, still want to get the great white like yours.

Thanks! My kids do have a lot of Lego - every birthday and Christmas someone gives them a set or they will use their gift money and buy a set. I said to my wife the other day they actually have enough now... Unfortunately dad loves Lego too, so I don't try too hard to persuade them not to get new sets. ????  And both kids love it and play and build really well, so if they're going to blow their money on something, I'd rather it be Lego...

PS You can get those base plates in knock-off lego cheaper... ???? Just saying...     

Just now, Stoffel76 said:

Thanks! My kids do have a lot of Lego - every birthday and Christmas someone gives them a set or they will use their gift money and buy a set. I said to my wife the other day they actually have enough now... Unfortunately dad loves Lego too, so I don't try too hard to persuade them not to get new sets. ????  And both kids love it and play and build really well, so if they're going to blow their money on something, I'd rather it be Lego...

PS You can get those base plates in knock-off lego cheaper... ???? Just saying...     

Ok thanks. I was always worried about the knock off stuff not really sticking together well but it won't really matter with the plates.

BUT also having said that, now that I think of it, my Dad found these small little brick set things where you buy 4 different boxes that are 4 small animals then once you have all 4 you can make one bigger animal. They look just like lego but they not lego, but they were bought because my lightie likes dinosaurs and sharks and they happened to have 2 sets where one is 4+1 dinos and 4+1 sharks. So I did try them with all the lego and the still connect just as good.

Here is pretty much what I am talking about. We got a dinosaur one and a shark one like this but ours are 4+1. But we also had to wait a while to get them all for the dino one as you buy them as 4 separate kits and for a while the shop only had 3 and couldn't complete the final T-rex.

image.png.e4e974118fadf1a827e0e06787911e84.png