OFFICIAL MODDERFONTEIN MTB TRAIL ANNOUNCEMENT

RickyTomCCMA

And so it begins...................;-), well it's more tech than I've ridden at modder(green yellow and red)

The spruit and Melville koppies is cool

Edit: oops should have kept this for Friday

Edited by bikeless

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you saying the spruit HAS technical stuff?

No, it's not technical the way most XC riders do it. Lots of awesome hidden tech bits that you have to go look for.

• 4 weeks later...

Word of warning to the Modders riders...there is a newly dug trench on the last single track before the old forest.

Not quite sure how to explain it but it's the curvy single track parallel to the dual track on the fence line just before you turn left and head down'n'up towards the old forrest section (the one where they removed the alien species).

The trench is straight but the curvy single track winds across it 3 or 4 times. There were no warnings or tape across the trench when I rode there last night. It's quite a surprise when you're hauling arse... Take it easy along there and prepare your bunny hop early captain.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if the modderfontein trails, open on weakdays ? Like today (friday)..

Thanks

And times..

Yup. Not sure of the opening time but you need to be out by 6pm. Times are on a board on the toll booth where you pay to enter.

More info here: http://www.centralparktrails.co.za/

Anyone know if the modderfontein trails, open on weakdays ? Like today (friday)..

Thanks

And times..

Better not to train on your "weakdays" rather train when you are feeling stronger again :whistling: