Polar CS300 Irregular heart rate?

jedimastersa

Polar has now replaced the wear link strap (the fabric one with the silver contact material) with a new strap called a smart strap.

The wear link need to be washed once a week in the machine on a 40 degree synthetic cycle without fabric softener.

The new smart strap has plastic contact areas so no need to wash it in the machine just rinse and go! Much better system!

I bought two smart straps and I am keeping my wear link as a spare.

If its one of those !!üèkç&!! "mesh cloth" Wear LInk comfortable type straps the OP's problem most likely lies with the strap. I've had a few of these mesh cloth straps and they are useless after a few months, tried everything that polar recommend (washing the strap) and inevitably end up with the same issue as the OP.

Luckily the CS300 (CS Range in general) also works with the older type "rubber" strap (thinks its the T31 strap) and never had a problem again. Just one lick and away you go, works perfectly everytime.

Only *** is its a sealed unit and you cannot replace the battery, but they last pretty damn long (at least 2 years of average use). You used to get 2 kinds the T31 and T31c, the T31c is the coded version.

I think I might have an old strap still from my old polar. Worked like a charm. Might want to give it a try.

Polar has now replaced the wear link strap (the fabric one with the silver contact material) with a new strap called a smart strap.

The wear link need to be washed once a week in the machine on a 40 degree synthetic cycle without fabric softener.

The new smart strap has plastic contact areas so no need to wash it in the machine just rinse and go! Much better system!

I bought two smart straps and I am keeping my wear link as a spare.

Also may give this a try. Sounds like the more viable option if I dont come right. But are the new smart straps compatible with the CS300's?

I think I might have an old strap still from my old polar. Worked like a charm. Might want to give it a try.

Also may give this a try. Sounds like the more viable option if I dont come right. But are the new smart straps compatible with the CS300's?

Double check compatiblity on the polar website, find the strap you want to buy and there should be a button on the same screen that says "Compatibility" click this and it will list the products that the strap is compatible with

@ Lukep - That sounds like an option, combination of old and new types...will try one perhaps when my old one's battery stops batterying

If its one of those !!üèkç&!! "mesh cloth" Wear LInk comfortable type straps the OP's problem most likely lies with the strap. I've had a few of these mesh cloth straps and they are useless after a few months, tried everything that polar recommend (washing the strap) and inevitably end up with the same issue as the OP.

Luckily the CS300 (CS Range in general) also works with the older type "rubber" strap (thinks its the T31 strap) and never had a problem again. Just one lick and away you go, works perfectly everytime.

Only *** is its a sealed unit and you cannot replace the battery, but they last pretty damn long (at least 2 years of average use). You used to get 2 kinds the T31 and T31c, the T31c is the coded version.

I have been using the same "mesh cloth" strap for more than 2 years, without any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky?

I rinse it after most rides. But cleaned/rinsed/washed it with hot water and soap after my ride on Tuesday. Have also machine washed it once or twice since I have had it.

Maybe its your energy-drink-sweat-combo shorting out the electrode stuff in the strap... :D

I have been using the same "mesh cloth" strap for more than 2 years, without any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Same here. Going for 4 years now, only now starting to fray a bit around the edges. The one side (left) where I unclip it all the time, is starting to show some wear and tear now. Replaced 2 x batteries in this period. (watch only once) Cadence and speed sensor about 4 times.

Maybe its your energy-drink-sweat-combo shorting out the electrode stuff in the strap... :D

HAHAHA! Maybe I am not working out hard enough to produce enough sweat...

Same here. Going for 4 years now, only now starting to fray a bit around the edges. The one side (left) where I unclip it all the time, is starting to show some wear and tear now. Replaced 2 x batteries in this period. (watch only once) Cadence and speed sensor about 4 times.

I also have never had a failure on my old straps, but if you take it to polar and have the conductivity tested you will see that over time the strap may still work but all the sweat etc builds up in the fabric and creates resistance which results in inaccurate HR readings, so you think you pushing 75% HR and in reality you are pushing 80% or vice versa

I also have never had a failure on my old straps, but if you take it to polar and have the conductivity tested you will see that over time the strap may still work but all the sweat etc builds up in the fabric and creates resistance which results in inaccurate HR readings, so you think you pushing 75% HR and in reality you are pushing 80% or vice versa

So you want to tell me it is time for an replacement. Ah well, had to happen at some stage, why not now before it fails on me.

HAHAHA! Maybe I am not working out hard enough to produce enough sweat...

Joh...hard to argue against overwheeling numbers...but for some reason they dont work well with me.

Maybe its because I never add salt to my food but sweat like a peeeg i.e. not enough electrolyte in my sweat LOL

Had exactly the same issue. Replaced the battery in the unit on the strap, same issue. Bought a new strap, never had the problem again!

Well the problem seems to be sorted. Took it in to Polar an they replaced the strap and battery....all working like a champ now!

Thanks for the help everyone! :clap: