Craft - Amabubesi Jersey Swap

Bike Mob

Since Craft in their infinite wisdom decided to supply every T, D&H with Amabubesi Kit regardless of number of races completed their is now no stock of the replica jersey I want after actually completing the race for a third time.

Even though this image says they will have more stock in June, a quick call to their offices say the website is telling porky pies.

If there is any self respecting person out there who bought the jersey below in error or has had a guilty conscience and would like to trade their size L jersey for another one of their choice please drop me a line.

http://www.thebicyclecompany.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ACE-merchandise-19-04-12-rev17-pg8-web1.jpg

When I was ordering a non-amabubesi top from craft I clicked on it expecting something to pop up saying enter name/etc, but nothing.

I had a feeling this would happen.

Good luck in finding one though :thumbup:

pretty disappointing... after seeing them hanging at the race village and waiting until I'd crossed the finish line to collect mine only get the two options I do not want in stock left.

Edited by Tarmac's Revenge

That is pretty piss-poor. While at Epic, I was chatting to a guy one evening and asked him how this one compared to previous editions. He looked confused and said that it was also his first Epic - but he was wearing Amabubesi Craft kit. He didn't even know what it meant!! When I explained, he just had a 'oh, well, whatever' kind of attitude.

I would be well-miffed if I had done it 3 times and some poser walks around with it, possibly without even having finished one.

I'm not a vindictive person but I hope his lack of experience on a bike give him his just reward...into a tree.

Agreed, reward where reward due....not for a cool R799 over the interwebs!

As for the tool with the kit and no idea of the concept, probably never ridden a mountain bike in anger until he encountered the first hill in Stage 1 2012...

Edited by MoreTrails

I'm not a vindictive person but I hope his lack of experience on a bike give him his just reward...into a tree.

Wow the guy just went and bought an epic jersey in his favourite colour, hardly his fault.

Wouldn't it make more sense for grandstand to award them to okes finishing their third one? Or is the bottom line THAT important.

Must have been in error that these were made available for all to buy... If not, what is the purpose of the club if there is zero exclusivity. Where is the reward for those completing three? What perks are left, breakfast?

Was it $$$ driven? Hope not, but with only 96 new club members, who knows??

I doubt they would make the same error 8 days in a row in the race villages, and again have them for sale to Joe Public on their website... they really don't care.

Previously you could only buy it through the Epic Website and in the rider zone, that would then not grant you access to the club kit unless you had completed enough races.

Yes it's petty, but still it's not cool.

Thanks Frodo I'll give you a call at work.

i had a look at the race village at the jerseys even the ones that said official 2012 finisher.although it looked like a cool top i did not buy as i have never ridden the epic.i do not wear race t shirts etc of races that i have not taken part in.just my thoughts.even from my running days i refused to put on the race t shirt before the time as i believed and still do that it is bad karma.i hope you get your top which you deserve.

What miffs me is that you can't buy anything else on their website but Epic stuff... which I don't want for exactly the above reasons.

Bit of a bad marketing exercise form Craft especially as an emerging brand in SA

personally I wont wear a jersey I have not earned and to me there nothing worse than some fat palooka wearing a world champs jersey