Led Lenser H14R

headhunter2000

What do you guys think of the Led Lenser H14R as a headlight for night riding? I think the Magic shine products is more value for money.

i rode the last asg nite race with my new h14r and it is perfect ,more than enough lite,fits the bike well and seems to have really good battery life.i am really happy with it

Guest Frail4Life

What do you guys think of the Led Lenser H14R as a headlight for night riding? I think the Magic shine products is more value for money.

LED, All the way!

I have had the H14 and know use the H14R. Not a trouble with too little Light or Battery and Functions. Must say my Experience with LED, BLACK DIAMOND, CATEYE, the H14R with 220 Lumen has a good battery life between recharges, had it run for 9Hours.

I recon it's a good helmet light, but depending on your requirements and if you ride more technical stuff, best invest in something more substantial such as the Magic Shine lights to add to your armory, so in short, a good light fixed to your helmet as well as one on your bars should do the trick...

Guest Frail4Life

Fits very Easily onto my Helmet visor with battery cliped on at the back.

I recon it's a good helmet light, but depending on your requirements and if you ride more technical stuff, best invest in something more substantial such as the Magic Shine lights to add to your armory, so in short, a good light fixed to your helmet as well as one on your bars should do the trick...

I have the LED Lenser H7 on my helmet (170 lumen) and the MagicShine 872 on my bars. I've only ridden on roads so far, but the combination works well. Off road, if I had to choose one, it would be the MagicShine because it really lights up the whole area - but then it is more than twice the price.

I use H14R on my helmet with the battery box in my belt and a Magic Shine on the handle bar. The H14R beam strength is more than enough for me and the fact that I can use 4 rechargable penlight batteries in it makes the battery life as long as I want it to be. The Magic Shine is even brighter but the sealed battery unit makes carrying an extra battery more complicated/expensive.

Use LED Lenser P7 on my roadie. Can't speak to battery life yet as still on first set, but love the brightness for road use.

Use LED Lenser P7 on my roadie. Can't speak to battery life yet as still on first set, but love the brightness for road use.

Edit - the mount is a bit "workmanlike" though (aka "fugly")

Use both lenser and magiclight myself, although either one would suffice by themselves. Had my wife sew me a piece of elastic with some velcro which i use to tie lenser to helmet as i found that their headmount to be to cumbersome for easy helmet use

I like it on my head to light where I'm looking but still feel the need for a bike mounted light as well with more spread that cover the front of the bike.

For trailrunning it is also great but again I like to mount a light on my pack/waist to help with preventing tunnel vision and increase depth perception.