Coffee machine

I saw a very nice selection of coffee machines at a place close to the Builder's Warehouse in William Moffat str. It is on the right just before you get to the traffic light, next to the Garage on the corner when traveling down William Moffat. They had machines from R699 up to R 25k. There is another coffee machine supplier in PE, but they generally only do the industrial machines for coffee shops and such.

Try Masterton's in PE for coffee...they are ok, not super. Their coffe is cheap though, and fresh.

In the middle of Moffat-on-Main there is also a coffee shop that sells some really good grind, I always buy from them when I am in PE. If you ever head to Humansdorp you can pop into Le Chameleon, they roast their own beans there...

Sounds like it is Tony's Appliances.... will pop around later.Thanks to everyone for your comments/suggestions

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is the coffee experience that you are after, get yourself a Moka pot. For me it is all about the hands on experience. I like to get involved making a cup. Not too much fun popping in a pod and pressing a buttion... I wasn't dissapointed with my purchase! 6 cup Moka for under R500. You can use a coarser grind and filter pads if you want. Grinding your own is better though. Get a Krupps grinder for about R600. You can buy a hand held frothrt from Game I think for a few rand.

I have a Breville machine that I got at @Home. it's manual, you can experimentwill all types of coffee and has a streamer. they are pretty easy to use and have had zero trouble out of mine. Falls within your budget.

I love my Bialetti as well... the original and still one of the easiest and best.

Nespresso makes a great cup of coffee, but steep if you often drink more than 5 cups a day...

Also look at http://www.yuppieche...spresso-Machine

post-4529-0-23658300-1335432502.jpg

Is that a Philips or a Saeco? Great price. Do you have one of those?

Agree, Nespresso is my choice as well.

At least with pods theres no mess and no waste, its quick and easy and they are always bringing out new blends, the Christmas blend this year was great, only sorry I didnt stock up more.!

Used to have a Nespresso at work. Hate the idea (pods 'n all) but have to admit, I loved the coffee...

we just bought a D'longhi (if thats how you spell it) and it is awesome! i dont drink coffee but my husband and family all do and its really devine - think it retails for about 5 or 6 - so id rather save and get a proper one - that way atleast if you run out of pods after hours u can pop into a spar or pick and pay and buy the normal beans

and i doubt you will find those pods easily here in PE but mastertons have great coffee and you can buy in bulk -

goodluck

Edited by missd

If it is the coffee experience that you are after, get yourself a Moka pot.

agreed - i have a bialleti - grinder and for the froth i microwave the milk and use a battery operated frother - ok its not oging to give you the same froth as a 10k plus machine - but its the coffee taste we are after - and the bialetti produces enough of a forth for my liking

Nespresso is great for a work environ where quick, easy and clean are the main drivers.

I prefer an espresso machine for home - it allows a bit of the barista to come out. Nespresso is great and there is a decent range of flavours but it's all a bit hands off and boring for my liking.

I enjoy grinding my own beans and mixing different styles to create unique flavours - impossible with Nespresso. Even little things like the fineness of the grind have an effect on flavour....

You should be able to get a Russell and Hobbs espresser for about R1,200 with a manual foamer. Don't be too concerned about changing the strength - you change the strength by choosing your beans!

Edit: After reading Stretch's post I have to agree - espressers make a lot of "crema" - nuking the milk and frothing it a bit is enough for the capuchinno experience...

Edit2: Damn did I butcher cappuccino....

Edited by Eldron

Perhaps just get married, pretty good coffee makers those... :whistling:

actually you are wrong........their air pressure increases the longer you are married :whistling:

You should be able to get a Russell and Hobbs espresser for about R1,200 with a manual foamer. Don't be too concerned about changing the strength - you change the strength by choosing your beans!

Theres a new baby Nespresso out now for about 1500 bucks, just makes coffee, nothing else, but probably that's all one needs.

Mixing and grinding beans is a hassle for me and it can also be a hit and miss affair, sometimes its a bit weak and other times its too strong, with a pod you pop into your local Nespresso shop, select a few to taste, free of course, and then buy a coupla boxes, works out about 5 bucks a cup give or take.

Or you can just buy on-line, arrives a day later in your box.

I bought a Sprada 5 or 6 years ago. I have made thousands of cups of coffee and it has never skipped a beat. It is a bean to cup machine. You can have a great time trying various beans. I'm not into being stuck into Nespressos pods. Also don't trust what's in those pods. Its preground and probably full of chemicals.

Edited by GhostRider2

Mixing and grinding beans is a hassle for me and it can also be a hit and miss affair, sometimes its a bit weak and other times its too strong,

You've got it all wrong - hit'n'miss and grinding is the fun part.

If you like the MacDonalds approach to coffee then Nespresso is the machine for you... If you like experimenting then you have to do your own grinding and blending.

That said - we have an early model Nespresso machine in the office and that little sucker has made over 30 cups a day for 6 years. I can unreservedly recomend them. Damn - thats like 60,000 cups of coffee. Go Nespresso!