Coffee machine

Is anyone using the Lavazza Guzinni Machine? Where can i buy the Blue Pods online. I dont really want to buy a Box of 100 pods thats all the same flavour.

I get mine from @home , its normally just a box of 30 .

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not easily.... going to be a LOT of work to match those machines with a 3k machine - definably not going to consistently outclass them - very hit and miss indeed.... now if M&B would just use a decent fresh coffee...

That is not to say it could not be done, just going to be difficult, and for sure will need more than a little bit of knowledge and skill on the part of the 3k machine user.

Granted. What I was implying was that you can do as good a job if not a better job with a LOT less expensive equipment at home. The quality of the beans is hugely important as is the quality of the grind. My little Delonghi has produced better cups than some coffee shops I have been to. I'm no barrista but then again neither are some of the people let loose to drive the big machines.

I get mine from @home , its normally just a box of 30 .

Thanks Clint,

Will go and have a look at @home. How much do thet Charge for the 30 pods

Granted. What I was implying was that you can do as good a job if not a better job with a LOT less expensive equipment at home. The quality of the beans is hugely important as is the quality of the grind. My little Delonghi has produced better cups than some coffee shops I have been to. I'm no barrista but then again neither are some of the people let loose to drive the big machines.

Most barista's in SA are ABSOLUTELY clueless.... give them your Delonghi, and I guarantee a disaster... :)

The big machines are such a pleasure to use - once they are set up it is actually hard to get it wrong - yet lots of baristas with them do - quite how, I have no idea sometimes.

My least favourite is the one the Seattle at VW Hatfield Bryanston always seems to make - she makes the milk so hot it scalds your tongue... now where is 101SCC....?

Anyone watched Dangerous Grounds? Pretty cool series about the origin of coffee in different areas.

Also I see Woolies Cafes will begin serving seasonal single origin coffees, should be good!

Most barista's in SA are ABSOLUTELY clueless.... give them your Delonghi, and I guarantee a disaster... :)

The big machines are such a pleasure to use - once they are set up it is actually hard to get it wrong - yet lots of baristas with them do - quite how, I have no idea sometimes.

My least favourite is the one the Seattle at VW Hatfield Bryanston always seems to make - she makes the milk so hot it scalds your tongue... now where is 101SCC....?

Most Seattles get that complaint, they have actually told me on Twitter to tell the Barista to make it colder.

Not right but looking at the SA coffee culture of "it must be hot" I can kinda understand, but perhaps they should spend some time on educating the consumer.

Haha! I had that experience down the South Coast. Stopped for waffles and coffee. Not often that I don't finish a cup....

I saw a big machine being used in a hotel near Sabi for heating milk ONLY. We were there for a week and ate in the dining room everyday. I never saw anybody use that machine for coffee. Coffee came in a stainless steel plunge pot....

Thanks Clint,

Will go and have a look at @home. How much do thet Charge for the 30 pods

Normally R160 , I like the red one the best .

Haha! I had that experience down the South Coast. Stopped for waffles and coffee. Not often that I don't finish a cup....

I saw a big machine being used in a hotel near Sabi for heating milk ONLY. We were there for a week and ate in the dining room everyday. I never saw anybody use that machine for coffee. Coffee came in a stainless steel plunge pot....

Espresso machines get used for odd things... like making tea (ok - I do that sometimes rather than boil a kettle specially) and.... hot chocolate... which is good with a little Stroh in... when you can't sleep.. (OK - a LOT of Stroh)

Normally R160 , I like the red one the best .

Thanks Clinton.

Cant wait to gou and buy some

Anyone watched Dangerous Grounds? Pretty cool series about the origin of coffee in different areas.

Also I see Woolies Cafes will begin serving seasonal single origin coffees, should be good!

I really like the Wollies beans, only recently realised Tribeca is just around the corner from my home. Pure bliss!

I also get very nice results from the beans from Cherry Berry Café in Doringkloof. They only have one type but I like it a lot.

I'm currently reading Uncommon Grounds, which is a very interesting read about the history of coffee. Highly recommended.

Cafe wise, I'm not a big fan of Seattle. The only "chain" coffee I consistently know will be good is the W Cafe's.

Regarding roasteries in Joburg. I recommend Father, Bean There and Double Shot (The Whippet's coffee is Double Shot).

Here's my little setup... now let's see yours, guys.

Itching to get me one of those.

Just waiting for the Delongi to give in. Alas. 6000 cups later and it is still going strong.......

Itching to get me one of those.

Just waiting for the Delongi to give in. Alas. 6000 cups later and it is still going strong.......

What about one of these?

post-29797-0-67422200-1373896494_thumb.jpg