Coffee machine

The hell with budget.... buy a Robur.....

(and wear a box when you bring it home.....)

I can always dream....unless you have one knocking around that you don't need :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get a small hopper yet? then it should just fit.

Even the small hopper don't fit :-( 

Ok guys well considering all the options out there, the Krups grinder really does not look too bad considering it is only R600 odd. I think I will start here and see where I end up. 

To be honest, I really did only pay R120 for the coffee machine so at this point I can't justify spending 3k+ on a grinder (although I know it is the proper way of going about grinding coffee)

Ok guys well considering all the options out there, the Krups grinder really does not look too bad considering it is only R600 odd. I think I will start here and see where I end up. 

To be honest, I really did only pay R120 for the coffee machine so at this point I can't justify spending 3k+ on a grinder (although I know it is the proper way of going about grinding coffee)

That little Krups will be fine.. 

Even the small hopper don't fit :-(

how much too high is it? I have seen people cut the hoppers down more. Never trued it but maybe it is a solution?

I can always dream....unless you have one knocking around that you don't need :ph34r: :ph34r:

NFW am I selling my robur.... already been moered and had to pay diamond penalties for it..

Although the 6 weeks of silence was good.... I would prefer not to go through that again... will definitely be in court as a result. .. likkety split...

I can get a Severin delivered to your door for R1300 if you keen. Let me know!

I have a Dolce Gusto machine and love it. While it uses propriety pods, they are larger than normal pods and will often work out the same price for a cup of coffee as they give you up to 16 pods in a box versus some giving you only 10.

You can get many different flavours and are nice for when guests visit. My wife loves the Tea Latte even though it works out R10 a cup nowdays. I love my espresso which comes to R5 a cup.

The pods are available online and at all stores.

Personally I was buying this as an interim till I could save the R10K needed for a quality machine. Now after 4 months that I've got the money, I'm sticking to my pod machine.

You can pick up the machines on Gumtree for R1K as unwanted, unopened gifts. There where pig promos end November where they where sold for that price.

I have an old cast iron grinder. Get one of those as they are the best. You need to hunt them down in antique stores or ask old ladies if you can have theirs ( what I did ;) )

I have an old cast iron grinder. Get one of those as they are the best. You need to hunt them down in antique stores or ask old ladies if you can have theirs ( what I did ;) )

They are Hardley the best. Uneven consistency and a lot of fines. Modern hand grinders are way better!

They are Hardley the best. Uneven consistency and a lot of fines. Modern hand grinders are way better!

I take it you don't own a decent one. Love mine, was hardly used when given to me. Nothing beats the sound of it when I crank it up, also a good workout.

And I don't have to worry about Eskom.

I take it you don't own a decent one. Love mine, was hardly used when given to me. Nothing beats the sound of it when I crank it up, also a good workout.

And I don't have to worry about Eskom.

I have multiple hand grinders and have used cast ones before. It's not a dig at you I just find them hit and miss. The newer hand grinders use ceramic burrs that can get much closer together.

As an aside people tend to over charge for them as they "old"!

• 2 weeks later...

Got these straight from Kenya........came in as hand luggage.

post-41755-0-70734700-1428396476_thumb.jpg

.........and 5min later........

post-41755-0-06159900-1428396674_thumb.jpg

......high octane fuel for the body..........vroooooom