Coffee machine

Also posted in Unemployed Hubbers - but possibly relevant here too.

We may have an opening for a fully automatic coffee machine technician in the near future.  Remuneration dependent on skills and experience...

DM me for info. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this for sale.

Carimali 2 group machine

Super mazzer grinder with jolly timer

Water softener

Cups, jugs, filters etc

R35k

post-18409-0-49996200-1429691261_thumb.jpg

Guys I need some work done on my Oscar. Besides taking it to 9Bar, is there anyone else you can recommend? 

I need the following done: 

Replace Under cup seal, Filter sieves, Brewing solenoid valve and descaling of the boiler. 

Any idea of cost on the above? 

I've been told replacement of the solenoid is a regular/yearly sort of maintenance thing, but I've never heard of this and think the guy is talking nonsense? 

Guys I need some work done on my Oscar. Besides taking it to 9Bar, is there anyone else you can recommend? 

I need the following done: 

Replace Under cup seal, Filter sieves, Brewing solenoid valve and descaling of the boiler. 

Any idea of cost on the above? 

I've been told replacement of the solenoid is a regular/yearly sort of maintenance thing, but I've never heard of this and think the guy is talking nonsense? 

Solenoids last six months to six years! Replace when they pop. The Head seal every six months to a year, as they get hard and brittle they stop sealing. Descaling is usually pricey. What area are you in? generally only needed after many years unless in a hard water area....

Solenoids last six months to six years! Replace when they pop. The Head seal every six months to a year, as they get hard and brittle they stop sealing. Descaling is usually pricey. What area are you in? generally only needed after many years unless in a hard water area....

Thanks guess mine was made on a Friday then haha! 

Headseal I know and had actually just replaced it myself when this issue arose and machine has been standing after that, hence perhaps needing a descale. Kettle does fur up here in Pretoria so take it water is a bit hard, but I do use filtered water.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My travel setup. I need to keep it light because I travel with all my tools and testing equipment in my check-in luggage.

Aeropress with Able fine stainless steel filter

Porlex Mini grinder

Tin of beans (I take a smaller tin when I travel for less than a week)

I use hotel kettle and cup

So far this gives me better coffee than what I've had at most hotels.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429127548.666861.jpg

Pretty much my camping setup, bit of a bitch when the word gets around and I have to make 10 cups ????. Also use the Bialetti stove top milk frother for the cinno lovers, works very well Edited by Mpati29

I am going to be selling my Mazzer Mini, the paint is pretty rough but the machine works perfectly!

Perfect opportunity to get yourself an awesome machine at a great price that you can color code however you want!!

Please PM me if you keen!

What region are they from?

Asian Pacific- Indonesia. Single origin can be a bit of a hit and miss with espresso in my experience, but this specific one was awesome!

I am going to be selling my Mazzer Mini, the paint is pretty rough but the machine works perfectly!

Perfect opportunity to get yourself an awesome machine at a great price that you can color code however you want!!

Please PM me if you keen!

What a bargain purchase. Thanks dude. I'm stoked!