Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the difference(s)?

You're just making filter coffee (If I'm seeing what's in the picture correctly. Which is ok, but Aeropress and ABID make an immersion brewed coffee. You have control over time too. Aeropress is a little in it's own class of coffee because you also the press the coffee through a semi puck, which changes it again.

The clever dripper gives you time control, and then you filter through one it's brewed to perfection. It's really great. You have to try it.

And the difference(s)?

First the similarities:

Equally office friendly, Dishwasher safe (though no need to)

The Advantages: 

Allows immersion brewing (the reason we love aeropress, the reason we hate Hario etc)

Controlled brewing time, (without needing to adjust grind, pour or volume)

Coffee tastes better, with almost no effort.

My recipe, grind coffee, make a mud in bottom of ABID with a little 50c water, while reboiling kettle (let stand ~5mins)

Add boiling (yes, boiling) water to required quantity, let stand EXACTLY 3 minutes

Place over pre-heated cup (use the rest of that boiled water)

Enjoy

(typo Edit)

Edited by iteachcoffee

You're just making filter coffee (If I'm seeing what's in the picture correctly. Which is ok, but Aeropress and ABID make an immersion brewed coffee. You have control over time too. Aeropress is a little in it's own class of coffee because you also the press the coffee through a semi puck, which changes it again.

The clever dripper gives you time control, and then you filter through one it's brewed to perfection. It's really great. You have to try it.

and what @SimpleDom said

Yes, filters are used - so I guess it's just filter (drip) coffee.

First the similarities:

Equally office friendly, Dishwasher safe (though no need to)

The Advantages: 

Allows immersion brewing (the reason we love aeropress, the reason we hate Hario etc)

Controlled brewing time, (without needing to adjust grind, pour or volume)

Coffee tastes better, with almost no effort.

My recipe, grind coffee, make a mud in bottom of ABID with a little 50c water, while reboiling kettle (let stand ~5mins)

Add boiling (yes, boiling) water to required quantity, let stand EXACTLY 3 minutes

Place over pre-heated cup (use the rest of that boiled water)

Enjoy

(typo Edit)

I watched your video on your website (Expresso on SABC3) - easy, very easy.

I see the unit still uses filter paper (any specific type?).

anyone want a discount voucher for an ABID posted here?

Will send you a PM.

Yes, filters are used - so I guess it's just filter (drip) coffee.

I watched your video on your website (Expresso on SABC3) - easy, very easy.

I see the unit still uses filter paper (any specific type?).

Will send you a PM.

use any filter paper! Seriously! I use re-useable fabric filters

Good afternoon all.

So as a Xmas gift to the office our director got us a filter coffee machine which grinds its own beans.

I know this is not the best but the coffee brewed tastes loads better than than instant coffee!!

What beans do you suggest and where does one acquire such bean?

Good afternoon all.

So as a Xmas gift to the office our director got us a filter coffee machine which grinds its own beans.

I know this is not the best but the coffee brewed tastes loads better than than instant coffee!!

What beans do you suggest and where does one acquire such bean?

Get the delivered, fresh, every 2 weeks.

Here:  www.truth.co.za, or here: www.beanthere.co.za, or many others... but fresh they must be!