Coffee machine

I have had my Linea Mini for about a year now. Lots of advice offered on this thread from very knowledgeable and giving people. V12 even had me around at his offices and gave me a good demo and some very useful tips. Thank you V12

The machine we bought, well actually that my girlfriend bought me, was crazy expensive for us so was it worth it? Is the machine still running? Dam right it is. The novelty of owning it has yet to wear off. Still a bigger thrill and longer lasting than the new leather car smell. I have enjoyed making every coffee. The machine has run flawlessly. It has become increasingly difficult to drink coffee away from home.

All you guys really helped.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is one coffee I cannot stand, I have bought a bag that was "freshly roasted" and tasted stale from the get go. 

Some of my mates love it though! 

Ring up Sean Kristafor and have a chat to him. He's a lekker oke, and it may have been a problem with the batch. 

Oh - it's also meh in anything but an espresso / mokka pot. If you try it in an aero or french press it just tastes like normal coffee. 

Comes alive in a mokka pot or espresso. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I have had my Linea Mini for about a year now. Lots of advice offered on this thread from very knowledgeable and giving people. V12 even had me around at his offices and gave me a good demo and some very useful tips. Thank you V12

The machine we bought, well actually that my girlfriend bought me, was crazy expensive for us so was it worth it? Is the machine still running? Dam right it is. The novelty of owning it has yet to wear off. Still a bigger thrill and longer lasting than the new leather car smell. I have enjoyed making every coffee. The machine has run flawlessly. It has become increasingly difficult to drink coffee away from home.

Can say the same about my GS3 hey. Have mine almost 18 months and coffee at any place other than a coffee shop that I know is avoided.

Can say the same about my GS3 hey. Have mine almost 18 months and coffee at any place other than a coffee shop that I know is avoided.

You guys make me sick... 

Ring up Sean Kristafor and have a chat to him. He's a lekker oke, and it may have been a problem with the batch. 

Oh - it's also meh in anything but an espresso / mokka pot. If you try it in an aero or french press it just tastes like normal coffee. 

Comes alive in a mokka pot or espresso. 

Thanks for the Tip.

Will try in a Mokka Pot.

I bought a bag of beans from truth and it had a pebble in it! Almost killed my breville machine.

Big mission to get it cleaned post and now it sounds like it IS grinding rocks!

Anyone else had a similar experience? Or worse, a repeat experience?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I bought a bag of beans from truth and it had a pebble in it! Almost killed my breville machine.

Coffee does have the odd rock in it sometimes - most decent grinders it means just a simple burr change out for new ones at worst - I have had 2 rocks in about 20 years..... both times I just put in new burrs, although arguably on the one occasion it was not completely necessary. (bought the burrs before opening it... :) )

I suspect that for you this is not possible without the help of  the local Breville service agents..... who they are I have no idea - try googling replacement burrs for your grinder and see if you can find some - ebay maybe?.

Well this arrived today with a kg of beans from Deluxe Coffeeworks (by coincidence, trying it out). Unfortunately i only have the bialetti at this stage to test it out on and did that immediately of course. The grind, with my limited knowledge/experience, was pretty even and fine.

post-41273-0-56266800-1494857973_thumb.jpg

post-41273-0-86103900-1494858037_thumb.jpg

Ive had one ever... 

Hardly made a mark on grinder luckily.. 

I think house and home are the agents? Or @home one of them.. 

Cheapest place in CT for an Aeropress these days? I need a travel companion to help get my coffee fix!

Finally i can post a proper post on this thread. So this happened yesterday afternoon (please see pictures below :D). Unfortunately i had prior arrangements last night with the wifey and some friends, so I had to wait until this morning to start playing around with it. I knew from the start it will take some grinding to dial in the shots, but it kind off hurt to throw so much coffee away.  "Eye on the prize" and what felt like an eternity i finally pulled a shot worth while. It might have just been the excitement of the whole experience, but i promise you it was one of the best shots I've ever tasted (or just the sour ones prior to that one).  This was then screwed up with my pathetic attempt at frothing the milk, but its all good. This is where my journey begins. I have to give a shout out to the guys at koldserve for doing me a solid one with this machine, their service and support was truly amazing.  

post-41273-0-41509700-1495007394_thumb.jpg

post-41273-0-70806800-1495007396_thumb.jpg

Finally i can post a proper post on this thread. So this happened yesterday afternoon (please see pictures below :D). Unfortunately i had prior arrangements last night with the wifey and some friends, so I had to wait until this morning to start playing around with it. I knew from the start it will take some grinding to dial in the shots, but it kind off hurt to throw so much coffee away.  "Eye on the prize" and what felt like an eternity i finally pulled a shot worth while. It might have just been the excitement of the whole experience, but i promise you it was one of the best shots I've ever tasted (or just the sour ones prior to that one).  This was then screwed up with my pathetic attempt at frothing the milk, but its all good. This is where my journey begins. I have to give a shout out to the guys at koldserve for doing me a solid one with this machine, their service and support was truly amazing.  

You are welcome to pop around to my office to drink coffee sometime (this is a standing invite to thread participants) and we can talk coffee and see if we can get your frothing going quickly... I am not the worlds best frother, but happy to try help anytime.