Coffee machine

6420f91a58f7ed31b752e1c6b2a8e6cf.jpg

We replaced our Aerochino 4 with a Severin Induction milk frother. So far I’m quite impressed. Large capacity (700ml for heating and about 350ml for Frothing), easy to clean (teflon coated appliances become difficult to clean after extensive use) and best of all is the temperature gauge to get the milk temperature perfect.

Its noisier than the Aerochino, but after a while you don’t notice the noisier appliance.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here have experience with bean-to-cup automatic machines?

A family member wants one and has bought a siemens eq. 8 series 600 for about R12k (on special apparently).

Seems solid, all I could say was for that money you might be able to get a Jura which is well known and seems to be well loved.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

100% get a Jura.  I'm on my 2nd one and that's only because I upgraded.  Bomb-proof as long as you keep up with the maintenance (which is the occasional cleaning tablet).  

100% get a Jura.  I'm on my 2nd one and that's only because I upgraded.  Bomb-proof as long as you keep up with the maintenance (which is the occasional cleaning tablet).  

Would anybody consider a Delonghi?  I am looking at the entry level one, the Esam 2200.  Not sure at this stage if I should do the bean to cup, or rather to the normal espresso machine to get started with.

Would anybody consider a Delonghi? I am looking at the entry level one, the Esam 2200. Not sure at this stage if I should do the bean to cup, or rather to the normal espresso machine to get started with.

I bought this machine a few days ago and I love it. Simple and neat. It makes a really nice cuppachino.

I had a Gaggia Classic for quite a long time - I changed out the steam wand for the Rancilio one and it made a huge difference. I also got a bottomless porta filter and stuck a temperature probe in next to the boiler to watch the temperature cycle.

Thanks, I am trying to find a place to buy a steam wand. Contacted a couple of places, still waiting to hear back from them. So if anyone as a spare steam wand laying around please let me know.

I bought this machine a few days ago and I love it. Simple and neat. It makes a really nice cuppachino.

That is good news Neville. Am I right in saying that you froth the milk with the steam wand? Can you also tell me how loud, or soft the machine goes about it's business?

That is good news Neville. Am I right in saying that you froth the milk with the steam wand? Can you also tell me how loud, or soft the machine goes about it's business?

Yes, the milk is frothed with the steam wand, in a separate container, after having made the expresso in your mug. The machine is fairly noisy and it does a bit of a song and dance when you switch it on and off.

How do you rate the E8 for home use?

How do you rate the E8 for home use?

I never had the E8. Originally had the F70 and that was great. Upgraded to the C9 and it's working like a charm. I don't use the cappuchino/latte functions but do when I have guests over. I love the fact that it's a burr grinder so the grinds come out perfect and not burnt.